Hours: 37.5 per week, Mon - Fri
Location: Crawley, West Sussex - three days per week
Contract: 14 month fixed term contract
Closing Date: 2 October 2023
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic Airways, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we're harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
We're looking for a Manager to join our Working Capital team, accountable for scoping and driving transformational change that addresses root cause process challenges faced by the Transactional Team within Working Capital. The team will also be accountable for the delivery of three core business functions - Virgin Atlantic, Cargo and Virgin Atlantic Holidays.
This role covers Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Expenses invoices, and works closely alongside the Transactional Working Capital Manager to deliver an efficient service to our internal and external stakeholders.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as our Working Capital Manager will be:
- Working alongside our outsourced provider to ensure the delivery of our accounts payable and accounts receivable functions are best in class.
- Accountability for the delivery and adherence to team KPIs, appropriately addressing and resolving issues where appropriate
- Understanding skills and development requirements in each team member and propose / agree solutions and resources to support
- Driving focus on continuous reviews of existing processes within function; striving for improvements to optimise efficiencies and streamline activities, whilst not impacting internal controls.
In addition to the above, we are looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent knowledge of core systems used within Working Capital and Finance, including Oracle, Voyager, eMRO, Clearing Houses and Travelbox.
- Significant experience within a Working Capital Environment both Payables/Receivables (P2P and O2C)
- Previous background working in an airline/tour operator is preferable
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with staff at all levels
- Proven experience of driving process changes Numerical and methodical with attention to detail
- Good IT skills i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates a strong adherence to company values with ability to manage conflict and challenge
- People management experience
- Proven experience in process automation/ improvement activities desired
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic, we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference and everything that makes our colleagues unique by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, ([email protected]) feeling confident that we've got your individual considerations covered.