Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefitsContract: Permanent
Hours: Part-time 18.5 hours between 06:00 - 23:00 Mon-Sun worked on shift rotation of 4 on 4 off
Location: London Heathrow - Terminal 3Closing date: 25th February 2020
** We reserve the right to close the window of application early**
In a nutshell
We don’t do ordinary. We do extra-ordinary! At Virgin Atlantic Airways we deliver the dazzling, serve up the spectacular and strive to create the most marvellous memories - for every customer. We are deeply proud of our Clubhouse facilities, are you the new teammate we are seeking to add customer value?
Reporting to the Duty Manager within our flagship Heathrow Clubhouse and working within a large team, as Clubhouse Waiter you’ll bring our menus to life, ensuring quality, style and service standards are delivered to our Upper Class customers at all times.
Day to day
• You will create a memorable and lasting experience by delivering exemplary customer service to each and every visiting customer
• Prepare the restaurant for service by completing the tasks specified on the opening/closing duties
• Ensure that all food is served to the correct standard specified in the restaurant manual and be fully educated on all aspects of the menu, including daily specials
• Maintain required stock levels and ensure that the correct equipment is in place for the shift
• Report any loss/breakages or shortages in equipment as well as reporting any dangerous, damaged or faulty equipment and accidents
• Feedback to Managers from guests whether positive or any issues relating to customer happiness that may occur during service
What we offer:
• Up to 7 flights a year to Virgin’s appealing global destinations, who doesn’t fancy a shopping trip to New York?
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• Private Health care
• Happiness of working for an iconic brand in a unique and invigorating setting.
• Diverse and considerate work force
• Continuous mentoring and development
What you'll need -
• Face to face customer service experience gained within a high quality environment.
• A real passion for food and hospitality
• Dedication to deliver the best customer service
• Pride in appearance and personal grooming
• Warm and engaging communication style
The Clubhouse is a busy and dynamic environment, therefore your ability to remain calm under pressure is essential. You'll be a standout colleague with a flexible can-do approach to work and be happy to assist in any part of our 21,000 sq foot Clubhouse, varying from serving customers in our relaxed lounge areas to food running in our busy brasserie.
So if you love food and would relish the opportunity to suggest recommendations from our beverage list to accompany meals for our guests to create not just a meal but a dining experience, then we would love to see your application.The perks
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self select whats important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
Be Yourself - Our Differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.