Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
We're excited to be recruiting our new Training Quality Team Manager, this role leads our team of Trainers.
Leading all aspects of the quality and standardisation of training delivered across our Customer Centres, Retail and Airport Operations.
In this role you will build close collaborative working relationships, partnering these business areas to ensure they're fully supported with training needs, driving continuous improvement of training.
Day to day
You'll be responsible for:
• Providing strong and inspiring leadership to Trainers and ad hoc management of line trainers when in training
• Continuously develop the team, to achieve efficiency and effectiveness
• Ensuring the quality of training content and delivery is consistent and meets the needs of the customer.
• Carry out audit/quality checks on delivery of training and trainer qualifications, maintaining compliance with requirements associated with the fulfilment of our operational roles
• Continually focus on improvements and review audit outcomes taking remedial action to ensure any corrective actions are implemented resulting in overall increase in quality
• Ensure all line trainer records are accurately maintained, ensuring line trainers are fully qualified prior to delivering required training and are fully accessible for audit purposes.
• Maintain collaborative relationship with all key partners across different areas of the business to discuss solutions to quality issues
• Demonstrate commercial awareness to ensure that training activities are linked to training best practice
• Maintain awareness of industry wide practice and approaches
Do you thrive in a fast paced environment, with a drive for continuous improvement?
In addition to the above we're looking for:
• Strong learning and development background. Aviation experience desirable.
• Excellent leadership and management skills, possessing excellent communication skills, both written and orally
• Strong planning and organisational skills, and resilient under pressure
• Ideally proven experience of training or management of such, within a highly regulated environment
• Extensive experience in training design, delivery and evaluation methodologies desirable
• Experience of auditing the design and delivery of training, to meet our quality assurance frameworks
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values