Hours: Full Time
Location: Hybrid remote working with 2 days per week in our VHQ Crawley, West Sussex - speak to us about what flexibility looks like for you.
Closing Date: Tuesday 31st January 2023
Many of our people at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, our purpose is to ensure everyone can take on the world. Our vision is to be the most loved travel company. To achieve both, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to reimagine the world and create thoughtful experiences that feel brilliantly different at every opportunity.
Our people are game changers who see the world differently. Acting as a loud and proud voice for positive change for our people, places, and the planet, they’re not afraid to roll up their sleeves to take on the big things while never forgetting the importance of the small details. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
As part of the existing Technology Commercial team, you will work with our strategic suppliers to deliver high-quality Technology products and services supporting Virgin Atlantic in becoming the most loved travel company.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as our Technology Contracts Manager will be:
• Build trusted relationships with our partners and internal customers enabling an environment where both can flourish and deliver value and continuous improvement
• Identify problems & opportunities, work constructively, in a commercially sensitive way, with suppliers to support the wider technology function.
• Use a high degree of commercial pragmatism and gravitas as well as attention to detail to ensure that interdependencies are not missed.
• Be accountable as the single point of contact between nominated strategic suppliers and Virgin Atlantic.
• Have a solid grasp on commercials, work prioritisation and the strategic roadmap dependencies.
• Work closely with all areas of the business, influencing at the Senior Leadership Group level and occasionally at board level when required.
Are you a passionate relationship builder?
Do you love to problem solve?
You might come from a Technical Buyer, IT Buyer, Supplier Manager or Contract Manager role within the technology space.
In addition to the above, we’d love for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
• Concrete understanding of commercial contract management ideally gained during a contract, commercial or procurement background in a technical field
• Experience in management of contracts in excess of £5M
• Good negotiator with a track record of results, maximising benefits versus cost.
• Understanding of the organisational interplay between procurement, contract management, commercial / relationship management and enterprise architecture
• Able to clearly explain complex technical and commercial interdependencies to business partners and able to decompose business requirements into technical dependencies
• Excellent relationship and communication skills. The ability to tune approach to suit suppliers and partners is a must.
• Challenge, drive and influence the LT and VAL board to continue to think longer term, but ensuring relevance towards short to medium-term goals
• Help drive a collaborative, partnership supplier culture that is based on shared long-term goals
• A strategic attitude to influence our £80m+ of technical spend per annum
If this sounds like you, and you would like to unlock your potential with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values