Job DetailsSalary: Competitive
Hours: Full Time (inc shift work)
Location: London Heathrow
Closing date: Tuesday 12th July 2022
As an Aircraft Technician ( Cabin /IFEC ) you are responsible for accomplishing delegated maintenance tasks on Virgin Atlantic or contracted customers aircraft to the required Airworthiness standards. The primary objective is to ensure the continued safe operation of the aircraft by achieving, and striving to exceed, the standards of airworthiness set by Corporate and Airworthiness Authority policy, procedures and requirements. Your ongoing focus will the maintenance of the Cabin product and IFEC systems.
In a nutshell
- Carry out hands-on maintenance of aircraft Cabin and IFEC and related systems and components.
Day to day
- Technicians must adhere to manufacturers approved maintenance procedures and the instruction of the designated supervising Engineer.
- A Technician will also be expected to work on delegated tasks without supervision using their own initiative.
- Technicians are expected to apply sound engineering practices to their duties and to fully communicate their actions. The Quality of maintenance accomplished by Technicians will affect the safety and operational reliability of the aircraft. Failure to meet standards will impose a cost penalty on the airline, which could be combined with poor customer satisfaction and perception of VAA quality of service.
- Participate in appraisals.
- Drive effective control of costs as applicable to job role.
- Drive compliance with Engineering safety.
- Strong cabin maintenance experience
We are looking for candidates with CAA Licence qualifications coupled with the associated certification responsibilities, as required - CAA Part 66 A Licence is essential.
You'll need demonstrable adaptation to change in working practices and environment with excellent communication skills.
You'll have experience and technical knowledge of the Virgin fleet sufficient to determine the airworthiness of any component or system guidance.
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values