Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri 09:00 - 17:30
Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Closing date: 25th October 2019
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
This is an outstanding opportunity for you to deliver on operational and financial performance, through effective sourcing, purchase and repair of Aircraft / Engine Inventory and Airframe Related Components for scheduled/unscheduled aircraft maintenance in the fleet network, within EASA / NAA regulations and VAA requirements.
Strong leadership and management of teams will be essential to deliver against new contract negotiation, component/engine and major asset specification, supplier performance, warranty and service life policy. As well as being the primary point of contact in Supply Chain & Commercial for all relevant suppliers.
Day to day
- Influence and negotiate outstanding commercial terms with key suppliers (OAMs, OEMs, MROs / Vendors / Repair Agencies).
- Negotiate and execute supplier agreements and implement policies in accordance with company guidelines and procurement strategies.
- Negotiating and implementing new initiatives in support of company strategy ensuring; service, quality, total cost, logistics, security of supply & development of the supplier capabilities.
- Ensure fleet OTP is supported via Supplier SLAs ensuring inventory/services are accessible.
- Handle supplier’s consistency to lead times, quality of service, cost, and warranty obligations.
- Gathering of industry knowledge to research and analyse competitive conditions, business needs, and market trends.
- Accountable for the contracts budget and reporting reports to the Head of Supply Chain, on all associated costs. Identifying process efficiencies & cost opportunities; and implement changes where necessary.
- Lead all aspects of leased assets to meet return conditions and minimize end of lease cost exposure. Optimize cost of ownership through effective commercial management.
- Run and motivate a high performing effective team ensuring the required standards of performance, qualification, and experience are maintained and ensuring all staff receive performance evaluations and set clear objectives.
- Attract, hire, develop and retain an effective team of extraordinary people with a common vision, purpose and shared values to deliver outstanding levels of quality, efficiency and partner satisfaction.
- Take accountability of decisions within business remit and ensure teamwork within the management teams, while also taking responsibility for any issues of poor performance, discipline and conduct.
To succeed in this role you will need to be Degree level qualification or Diploma in procurement or supply chain management. Possess training credentials and experience on all discipline related to aircraft materials management, regulations, policies and procedures.
Be experienced in aviation product sourcing, negotiation, supplier relationship, performance metrics, and project management. Have success in change management – both leading change and being part of a project team.
Are you literate in Information Technology of existing core support applications, with aptitude for continuous improvement through IT? Have experienced in motivating and developing staff to their full potential? If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Our pioneering spirit and passion keeps our brand vibrantly alive. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits in place to help you enjoy life to the full, as well as a world of travel opportunities including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic global destinations. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes, life assurance, child care vouchers and excellent discounts across the Virgin Group of companies. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
BE YOU - OUR DIFFERENCES MAKE US STRONGER
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Our aim is to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.