Job DetailsSalary: Competitive
Hours: Full Time (inc shift work)
Location: London Heathrow
Closing date: Tuesday 12th July 2022
As Cabin Maintenance Supervisor, you are Accountable for effective front-line supervision of Cabin maintenance teams and 3rd parties to ensure delivery of maintenance plans and compliance with all safety, regulatory, company requirements and procedures.
In a nutshell
Day to day
Work with the Cabin, production, planning and technical managers to lead and complete the maintenance plan for the responsible area by delivering the highest safety, maintenance and reliability standards whilst achieving the required quality and cost targets.
Responsible for the completion of all planned and ad-hoc maintenance tasks within a shift, through effective front line supervision and allocation of resources, equipment, assets and use of the full scope of qualifications held
Responsible for meeting productivity and cost targets and exploring and implementing improvement opportunities
People management responsibilities
- Working on a shift basis and responsible for the management of the team
- Responsible for team compliance with environmental and health & safety regulations/guidelines.
- Responsible for people management of a team of staff at all grades in accordance with all VAA employment policies (e.g. disciplinary and attendance management, performance management and grievance resolution)
- Ensure and support effective communications within the shift/team
- Act as the focal point of communication between the aircraft engineers, production front desk, Cabin Tech Ops, and third parties as required to ensure efficient and timely maintenance is carried out.
Drive continuous improvement across cabin & production
- Support and implement change to create a culture of continuous improvement in a cabin / production environment in order to increase unit performance
- Implement continuous improvement plans to drive efficiency within the Cabin teams to minimise disruption and maximise cabin standards. and performance
Responsible for safety plan delivery. Manage individual staff and teams from all grades on-the-shift in maintenance and compliance activities
- Management of cabin standards, including compliance with regulations and company procedures to ensure continued Maintenance oversight for individual and team activities around the cabin ensuring compliance with safety, regulatory and airmanship standards
- Accountable for team compliance with environmental and health & safety regulations/guidelines.
- Ensuring accurate and correct maintenance records are kept in line with Part 145 requirements
Are you an experienced Aircraft Engineer within the Cabin Maintenance environment, with great people skills and supervisory experience? If so we think you’d love this role! If you have the below skills, we’d love to hear from you:
- Hold valid EASA/CAA Licence qualifications coupled with the required company approvals on VAA fleet types
- Preferably hold a management qualification to Diploma level or above.
- Sound knowledge of EASA/CAA airworthiness regulations
- Understanding of internal procedures and awareness of quality, health & safety and environmental legislative requirements
- Understanding of the principles of good people management
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in an aircraft maintenance environment
- Experience in leading teams of multi skilled engineers / Technicians
- Good understanding of engineering IT systems (key user level knowledge of (Ultramain)
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values