Hours: Full Time
Location: Hybrid remote working with 2 days per week in our VHQ Crawley, West Sussex - speak to us about what flexibility looks like for you.
Contract: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: Thursday 18th August 2022
Many of our people at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
It’s in our DNA to disrupt the market and lead the way with fresh ideas. Bringing new approaches to the industry, and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on issues of sustainability, people or our communities. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
With the help of our key strategic partners, we’re on an exciting journey to transform our digital and technology estate. This fantastic opportunity will play a key role in leading those strategic partnerships throughout the journey.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as our Manager, Strategic Supplier will be:
• To understand and interpret the Enterprise strategy but also work with our strategic suppliers to provide the same level of strategic clarity back into our supplier strategies.
• Quickly identify problematic periods on joint roadmaps and be able to work constructively, in a commercially sensitive way, with suppliers to avoid blockers to efficient delivery.
• Use a high degree of commercial pragmatism and gravitas as well as attention to detail to ensure that interdependencies are not missed.
• Reporting into the Head of Service you’ll be accountable as the single point of contact between nominated strategic suppliers and us.
• Have a solid grasp on commercials, work prioritisation and the strategic roadmap dependencies.
• Work closely with all business areas, influencing at the Senior Leadership Group level and educating at the board as required.
• Ultimately in this critical role, you’ll ensure we maximise supplier capabilities, opportunities and return on investment to support our strategic plan.
Capturing your interest? Are you excited to take your career to the skies?
Do you have a strong commercial acuity? Do you pride yourself in amazing relationship management?
You might come from an existing Supplier Manager role or perhaps a Programme Manager with fundamental supplier focussed experience.
In addition to the above, we’d love for our successful Manager, Strategic Supplier to demonstrate the following:
• Proven, understanding of commercial contract management ideally gained during contract, commercial or procurement background
• Experience in management of contracts in excess of £10M TCV
• A clear background within Information Technology or an associated technical field
• Understanding of the organisational interplay between procurement, contract management, commercial/relationship management and enterprise architecture
• Able to clearly explain complex technical interdependencies to business partners and able to decompose business requirements into technical dependencies
• Excellent stakeholder and communication skills. The ability to tune the approach to suit suppliers and partners is a must.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values