Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we’re just as passionate as we’ve always been about becoming the most loved travel company. One thing we know for sure – this year has shown that when we combine our brand with the power of amazing people, we make something truly magical.
Virgin Atlantic is proudly flying, creating the same fabulous flight experience we’re famous for, and we’re busily laying the foundations for a profitable future. We know that the right people are key to creating success – so we’re looking for someone brilliant to join our Reward Team and help us achieve our vision. Perhaps that’s you? We’d love to find out.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join us as a Reward Specialist, within our innovative People Team here at Virgin Atlantic. This exciting varied role works on delivering complex analysis and insight service to the Reward and Benefits team aligned to the reward annual plan, leading recurring key reward and benefits initiatives. Being a subject matter expert on some of the complex day-to-day Reward activity, handling day-to-day interactions with the benefits suppliers
This role is about complex analysis and insight, project delivery, leading key initiatives and being an expert of day-to-day topics. Planning cycle would be weeks, months and quarterly, with some annual input.
Day to day
As our Reward Specialist, you will be responsible for the following day to day activities:
• Building complex reward models in support of the reward strategy (for example – modelling pay talks; pay awards; performance related pay: bonus, incentives; shift pay; allowances; pay gap audits (gender, ethnicity, national living wage etc.); etc
• Manipulating and connecting large, complex sets of reward data utilizing internal and external benchmarks in order to provide insights and trends into what the data is informing us, as well as providing alternative scenarios and models based on business requirements and provide a recommended way forward
• Leading and delivering reward & benefits project work aligned to the Reward & Benefits, People and Business plan
• In line with the rest of the team, being a SME on 1 or 2 specialist topics (i.e. mobility / pay gap audits, incentive schemes, pay and bonus review, pay benchmarking, grading)
• Leading and delivering core recurring reward & benefits initiatives – including but not limited to:
- benchmarking survey completions and knock-on pay grading analysis
- annual pay and bonus review process
- pay gap audits – gender / ethnicity etc
- management of the variable pay documentation and invites (bonus / LTIP etc)
- job evaluation
- benefits promotions and events
- benefits technology testing
- benefits renewals
Are you an excel wiz, and a confident communicator, who loves working in a past paced environment?
In addition to the above, we are looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
• Highly numerate, with a curious and enquiring mindset – looks for new or different answers,
• Able to liaise with all levels across the business,
• Having a people and business balanced mindset against key reward principles and practices
• Experienced Reward Analyst / Specialist in Compensation and Benefits (including pay gap audits, annual pay reviews, pay and bonus award processes, job grading and pay ranges, pay benchmarking and analysis, benefits processes, benefits technology, benefits supplier management)
• Intermediate skills in Excel
• Ideally experienced in business reward partnering
• Ideally experienced in mobility
• Ideally experienced with Oracle & extracting info/data from Oracle. Familiar with business objects and equivalent reporting tools
• CIPD qualification preferred, but not essential
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values