Hours: Monday - Sunday 4 on 4 off roster 2 day shifts 7am-7pm then 2 day nights 7pm - 7am
Location: The VHQ, Crawley
Contract: 6 month secondment/FTC
Closing Date: Sunday 29th January 2023
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the Operations Control Centre (OCC) as Specialist - Network Operations. This role will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of the Virgin Atlantic (VAA) flying programme.
This role is a focal point for global operational communication with a view to delivering a safe and regulatory-compliant operation whilst considering the best interests of the customer and having an awareness of the financial repercussions of decisions made.
Day to day
• Act as a key point of contact for communication regarding operational issues and quickly, calmly and accurately capture, assess and disseminate information.
• Raise issues, where relevant, to Airport and Network Duty Manager or OCC Duty Director, highlighting key elements and priorities.
• Maintain continuous global flight and weather watch, in order to proactively manage, and where possible to mitigate, operational risk or disruption.
• Support, and where necessary assist or brief, the pilot in command of VAA aircraft with specific information relating to operational control, in the interest of flight safety and operational integrity.
• To investigate, arbitrate where necessary, and accurately record causes of poor punctuality across the global network, in line with the company mission to drive continuous improvement of On Time Performance.
• Using the connections tracker tool, monitor connecting passenger issues between VAA and joint venture partners, to ensure customers experience seamless transfer between flights, minimising disruption and cost.
Do you have the ability to maintain calm and efficient approach in the face of critical time pressures, whilst being able to multi-task and prioritise?
In addition to the above we're looking for:
• Knowledge/understanding of the aviation industry (flight ops, engineering, airport ops, commercial, safety & security and regulatory bodies
• Excellent communication skills, using standard phraseology and communicating concisely with both internal and external customers.
• Ideally technical understanding of aircraft operations
• Good understanding of IT applications used in Operations is preferable including but not limited to, OMS, Air4, Viper, Citrix, CFMU, A-CDM, Sitatext, Arinc Ops Centre.
If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values