Hours: Full Time
Location: Hybrid remote working with 2 days per week in our VHQ Crawley, West Sussex - speak to us about what flexibility looks like for you.
Closing Date: Friday 12th August 2022
Many of our people at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
It’s in our DNA to disrupt the market and lead the way with fresh ideas. Bringing new approaches to the industry, and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on issues of sustainability, people or our communities. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
We’re on an exciting digital transformation journey within our technology space to become a leader in technology and digital, which underpins our whole business strategy.
Many of the architectures that run the airline and holiday businesses are legacy, where immediate modernisation is challenging. We need to challenge and deliver technology that drives value, security and innovation – you’ll play a key role in delivering that exciting plan.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as our Solution Architect will be:
• The technical underpinning of services, platforms and infrastructure – but also actively helping drive the solutions that modernise and deliver value to our business.
• To help shape and deliver change and also ensure solutions meet the future to enable approaches to data, services & platforms that support our ambition to be most loved and a business for good.
• Sustainable technology is just as applicable to our modern paradigm of screen wellness, wellbeing and transparency of data and collaboration through toolsets.
• Be accountable for the successful delivery of solution architectures as well as helping drive them toward the enterprise technology strategy and the roadmap.
• Work closely with Commercial, Customer, Operational, People and other VAL teams which will be key to influencing and delivering the Architecture.
• Help us deliver against the strategy aligned to our pillars of Red on the inside, outside and of course with our existing and future partners.
Are you excited to embrace a growth mindset?
Do you have a passion for helping shape and inspire technology innovation for the future?
In addition to the above, we’re looking for our successful Solution Architect to demonstrate the following:
• The ability to understand and learn both new and updated technologies quickly.
• Deep understanding of patterns and practices required to deliver technology.
• Passion to scan and understand the evolution of the technologies of the future, in relation to the near-term goals and mega trends of capability in and out of the airline & travel industry.
• Challenge, drive and influence the Head of Strategy and Architecture to continue to think longer term, but ensuring relevance towards short to medium term goals and the solutions you will be architecturally responsible for.
• Help drive a collaborative culture that is based in learning. Educating and opening the mindset of VAL to embrace technology and de mystify the complexities. Strong communication and planning skills are required
• A strategic mindset to influence our technical solutions, its context into the business and the wider technology story.
• The ability to see what is important, ask the right questions and deliver on promises.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values