Salary: Competitive per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Hybrid working with 2 days in our VHQ - Crawley, West Sussex
Closing Date: 26th September 2021
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we’re just as passionate as we’ve always been about becoming the most loved travel company. Virgin Atlantic is still proudly flying, creating the same fabulous flight experience we’re famous for, and we’re busily laying the foundations for a profitable future. We know that the right people are key to creating success – so we’re looking for someone brilliant to join our team and help us achieve our vision. Perhaps that’s you? We’d love to find out.
Reporting to the Head of Crew Logistics, you'll lead the Roster and Training Planning functions to deliver efficiency and productivity into the ramp-up and steady state planning of both pilots and crew. You'll build and manage strong relationships with all key stakeholders to support the publication of optimised rosters that meet regulatory, Company and Union requirements. Influencing network plans as part of FlyRed to ensure they support establishment, optimisation and productivity outputs.
In this role you'll develop strategies that lead to enhancements in productivity whilst considering lifestyle / morale of pilots and crew. Developing clear targets and KPI’s that deliver a robust roster plan ensuring maintenance of training plans and rosters are supported in Pre-Ops. In conjunction with the Head of Crew Logistics you'll lead the development and implementation of Company and departmental strategy that supports the operational delivery of safe, efficient, and productive rosters for Flight Crew and Cabin Crew.
Day to day
- Ensuring a feedback process to the Establishment Planning team to validate and enhance establishment processes.
-Deep understanding of current interactions and pain-points, identifying areas of opportunity, innovating and continuously improving
- Leading the training planning activities to drive efficient delivery of all pilots and crew training. Ensuring all expiries for training are tracked and planned accurately to meet regulatory compliance.
- Focus on training plans being rostered efficiently to maximise productivity and that are delivered in line with commercial programme requirements.
- Driving on-time publication of rosters that satisfy defined roster quality KPI’s and that meet productivity targets as agreed with Establishment Planning through analysis, system use (optimisation), fleet deployment opportunities, team development and seek continuous improvement to meet objectives in productivity and roster satisfaction.
- Strong focus on understanding variations in output to the plan as well as changes post roster publication through analysis to drive improvements in both Roster Planning but right across Crew Logistics
- Lead the training and rostering team to ensure high performance in their outputs. Nurture an environment of learning and continuous improvement that ensure best in class roster production processes.
- Ensure clear departmental and individual objectives are set and tracked with actions taken to drive up performance to meet targets and KPI’s.
- Develop engagement strategies not just in the roster planning teams, but right across Crew Logistics
- In conjunction with Crew Logistics, Flight Crew and Cabin Crew objectives, the on-going development and implementation of customer service values to ensure continued focus on improving pilots and crew satisfaction and engagement.
- Develop opportunities and strategies that support engagement through rostering practices that do not impact productivity. Ensure the team as a whole is driven in supporting customer focused activities.
Do you have proven management experience within Crew Logistics or a System Provider? Do you have Optimization expertise preferably with Jeppesen (Carmen)? Then this could be the role for you
Alongside the above we're looking for the following to be successful in your application:
- Experience in system programming / development to deliver robust automated solutions
- Strong knowledge of regulations (EASA FTL / FRM)
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making capabilities, particularly in Crew Logistics
- Excellent People Management and leadership skills
- Collaborative working style to achieve goals
- Ability to identify new opportunities and lead change for continuous improvement
- Can-do approach and a team player
- Good communicator at all levels
- Experienced in identifying, recommending and implementing productivity improvements through analytical methodology
If the above sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can ignite the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values