Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 09:00 - 17:30 Mon-Fri, Hybrid working with three days per week in our VHQ
Location: The VHQ, Crawley, West Sussex
Closing Date: Friday 9th June
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, our purpose is to ensure everyone can take on the world. Our vision is to be the most loved travel company. To achieve both, we're harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to reimagine the world and build thoughtful experiences that feel thoughtfully different at every opportunity.
Our people are game changers who see the world differently. Acting as a loud and proud voice for positive change for our people, places, and the planet, they're not afraid to roll up their sleeves to take on the big things while never forgetting the importance of the small details. So, if you're ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
Our Senior Analyst leads the assessment of commercial schedules, charters and program changes. They'll be representing the Crew Logistics department to ensure our programme is feasible with establishment and associated costs as well as developing, maintaining and communicating establishment requirements as the need arises to ensure Flight Operations and Cabin Services can make informed decisions on staff requirements.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Communicating and influencing Pilot and Cabin Crew Unions to ensure key information is conveyed and understood
- Regular communicating on key outputs with senior leaders around the business delivering clear, concise information and influencing partners
- Managing three stage productivity (forecast/roster/actual), to further improve model output, reduce cost exposure, highlight risks and make recommendations to current practices
- Ensuring the timely and efficient allocation of leave that aligns with contracts, industrial agreements and meets establishment planning assumptions driving establishment savings
- Conveying both written and verbal information to pilots and cabin crew adjusting the language to ensure the information lands to the audience accurately
- Managing & modelling the Cabin Crew, Pilots and Trainer Establishment Planning models, ensuring modelling is robust, accurate and realistic
- Developing and communicating explanations, summaries and performance indicators for establishment requirement levels based on productivity, aircraft utilisation and flying hours, training demand and cost
- Managing the Establishment Planning Analyst, ensuring the team is developed, they're meeting targets, and they're proactive in efficiency savings. As well as leading the recruitment, development, welfare and performance management of team members, focusing on people development
- Assessing the impact of route or training demand changes to ensure expeditious response to queries and collaborate closely with the training teams to ensure predicted modelling is based on expected demand for the period selected
- Build positive relationships with all of the Cabin & Flight Crew Leadership Teams (Heads of and Senior Managers) in order to ensure working collaboratively in identifying common themes, ensuring achievement of divisional plan
Are you a good influencer with the ability to drive business process changes as well as cost savings?
In addition to the above we'd like for our successful candidate to have:
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Effective people leadership skills
- Identifying new opportunities for continuous improvement
- Good communicator at all levels - distilling complex issues into succinct summaries
- Solid understanding of regulations (EASA FTL / FRM)
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a numerical field
- Highly proficient PC skills including Power BI/Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint (SQL coding would be helpful)
- Experience in data visualization and modelling tools you will be comfortable with handling large data sets and systems
- High attention to detail
- Previous experience within Crew Logistics crucial
- Works effectively under pressure to meet targets
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic, we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference and everything that makes our colleagues unique by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (email@example.com) feeling confident that we've got your individual considerations covered.