Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
Day to day
- Ensure control and management of the updating and approval of the Aircraft Maintenance Schedule
- Advise and support the compilation of the Approved Maintenance Programmes process, control, efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Ensure creation of fully defined tasks for Modifications and maintenance programme tasks
- Project manage the optimisation of the Maintenance Programmes Design, build, monitor and maintain Aircraft Configurations and provide expertise for the operation and development of the VAA fleets
- Configuration control system Control and co-ordinate the Modification proposals process for embodiment to VAA Aircraft, from departmental assessment through approval, including the creation and revision of fully defined tasks, the updating of Allowable Configurations and modification control.
- Define new aircraft, power plants and component configurations, maintain and update allowable configuration within defined rules
- Ensure that required safety and compliance standards are met and maintained
- Accountable for investigation and management of safety / compliance findings
- Accountable for decisions on the cost effectiveness of AMP, reliability programme and modification programmes.
- Actively review department business processes to ensure they are current
- Identify, lead & implement continuous improvement processes and initiatives
- Technical assessment, approval, and quality audit of incoming documentation
- Assist with aircraft entry into service and returns
- Work as part of a multi-task team, assist and support the requirements of Engineering to comply with all aspects of CAA regulations whilst ensuring fleet availability
- Represent Virgin Atlantic Airways as a member of the Industry Steering Committee (ISC)
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values