Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Hybrid role with up to 3 days a week in the The VHQ, Crawley
Closing Date: Sunday 29 January 2023
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
It’s in our DNA to disrupt the market and lead the way with fresh ideas. Bringing new approaches to the industry, and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on sustainability issues, people or our communities. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Agency Sales team as our new Senior Account Manager. This role is accountable for achieving the portfolio revenue target whilst maximising price strategy, commercial dealing, and marketing plans in support of objectives. This role will lead & implement projects and processes to drive continuous performance improvement and use data analysis to facilitate thoughtful decision-making within the online agency segment.
Day to day
You will be responsible for:
- Revenue Generation/Protection within specific trade portfolio:
- Create, own and manage account plans, driving Virgin Atlantic (VS) and Joint Venture (JV) revenue across managed and unmanaged business within the Online Travel Agency segment channel.
- Negotiate annual agreements striving to reduce the cost of sale whilst improving JV share and revenue.
- Build strong relationships across the trade portfolio including senior leadership, supplier relations, account management and operations departments – be a visible representative of Virgin Atlantic and the Joint Venture
Sales Processes & Projects:
- Optimise sales processes and tools including CRM – focus on client engagement and sales utilisation.
- Develop strong relations with JV partners and align approach to negotiations and sales distribution processes and policies – lead discussions.
- Represent trade sales on internal projects
- Portfolio revenue results, achieve budget, including minimisation of cost of sale and discounting
- Route and price realisation focus and prioritisation
- Regular communication of progress and performance to Head of Sales channel
- Plan and manage Cost budget in line with business requirements.
Sales Insight and Strategy:
- Support Channel HO and HO Business Development in sales & distribution strategy providing thought leadership and market insight.
- Represent Virgin Atlantic in the market, participating in industry panels and active membership of trade bodies.
Are you a phenomenal negotiator? Can you build and maintain excellent relationships with both internal and external partners? Then this could be the role for you!
In addition to the above, we’re looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience in a sales or client-based commercial function (preferably travel industry)
- Excellent negotiator with historical results, leading complex, multiparty/international bid processes
- Experience within the ecommerce sector, media planning and online sales desired
- Resource and time management and planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - able to make clear and concise presentations to management and external organisations, including large audience presentation experience
- Creation and execution of successful segment strategy within a sales organisation (preferably within the travel industry)
- Demonstrate the ability to lead multiple priorities with differing timeframes.
- Adept at identifying problems and finding solutions in creative ways
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us in becoming 'most loved' we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values