Hours: 37.5 per week, Mon - Fri
Location: Crawley, West Sussex - three days per week
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 29 September 2023
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic Airways, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we're harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
We're looking for a Project Co-ordinator to join our Transformation function. This role will be working as part of a team accountable for the successful delivery and implementation of our Oracle (Cloud) ERP programme.
The position will involve supporting various project managers where required to ensure the successful delivery of the programme, which may involve administration support for meetings, taking minutes and updating action logs updates to status reporting and financials
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as our Project Coordinator will be:
- Assist with the organization of key meetings and events. Includes room bookings, co-ordination of agendas and sending out pre-read materials.
- Supporting the Programme Manager managing the programme level risks and issues registering in Perform (inhouse tool)
- Oversee the maintenance of the leave schedule for the programme teams
- Recording and distributing the outcomes of programme level meetings and workshops (with support) Set-up and management of KPI trackers
- Support administration relating to onboarding contractors and giving relevant system access, sharing project documents
- Respond to a wide range of queries from within and outside the programme team.
- Working with the Programme manager to update and administer the programme & milestone plan seeking contributions from Workstream Leads and Project Managers
- Proactively looking ahead to what is coming up in the programme plan, so support can be given
In addition to the above, we are looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively and professionally with all levels within an organization
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work both for yourself and others
- The ability to be proactive, self-motivated and work on own initiative including planning and organising own workload
- Sound knowledge of Excel, Power-point and MS Project advantageous
- Experience working within a projects and programmes environment is advantageous
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic, we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference and everything that makes our colleagues unique by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, ([email protected]) feeling confident that we've got your individual considerations covered.