Location: The VHQ, Crawley (Hybrid, 2-3 days per week in the office)
Contract: 18 month Contract
Closing Date: Tuesday, 31st January 2023
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic Airways, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
It’s in our DNA to lead the way with fresh ideas. Bringing new approaches to the industry and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on issues of sustainability, people or our communities. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
We have an exciting new role within our Working Capital and Procurement team to assist with our ERP transformation to Oracle Fusion. Working alongside key partners and the wider project team, you will help gather business requirements sharing your expertise across Procurement (Sourcing/Supplier Lifecycle), Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Employee Expenses. The successful candidate will provide project support to scope out processes, identifying process improvements and automation that will streamline the end-to-end process.
You will have a proven background supporting the delivery of process improvements across Purchase to Pay and/or Accounts Receivable.
Day to day
• Understanding the roadmap and changes required to future proof the solution
• Participate in the project design phase, providing input to assist in delivering a seamless solution
• Support Business Analysts in ensuring all ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ processes are mapped out
• Ensure process transformation initiatives identified are delivered to plan, and any deviations are raised at the earliest opportunity
• Support data cleansing and data migration activities ensuring data accuracy and integrity is preserved
• Ensure all existing and new interface requirements are clearly documented
• Create test scripts, and carry out UAT (User Acceptance Testing) within specified timelines
• Log any incidents or errors identified in a timely manner for quick resolution
• Delivery of familiarisation and training sessions with teams
• Liaise with the business and understand the challenges they face - work to improve the customer experience
• Ensure training material is available and meets the needs of our people including video tutorials, and process guides
We seek someone with experience working as an SME across finance systems projects, process automation and improvement activities.
In addition to the above:
• Demonstrable experience across Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash processes in an ERP environment
• Capability to prioritise work, often working on several tasks simultaneously in a dynamic environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills with high levels of written and verbal communication
• Ability to exercise independent professional judgment and problem solving
• Good IT skills, proficient in Microsoft office software
• A good understanding of Oracle (essential)
Sound exciting, then we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values