Salary: Competitive per annum plus excellent benefits
Contract: 12 months fixed term
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 4 on 4 off (Days)
Location: The Base, Crawley, West Sussex
Closing date: 24th July 2019
In a nutshell
We have an excellent opportunity within our Operations Control Center as Supply Chain Operations Planner. You will be responsible for optimising spares support, minimise the number of aircraft delays and defer defects, to meet the planned service levels. As well as maximising overall cost efficiency of the entire Virgin Atlantic Fleet.
As Supply Chain Operations Planner, you will provide 24-hour, 365-day materials operational support for the entire Virgin Atlantic Fleet worldwide.
Day to day
• Develop clear plan & implement to source spares for worldwide operations, within a tight time scale
• Build a degree of flexibility into plans / develop backup procedure
• Initiate & manage AOG (Aircraft On Ground) procedures, to purchasing / sourcing spares to recover any A/C to minimise delay, authorise hand carry or charter and implement the most cost-efficient way
• Authorise loan and sales to other operators, to increase company profit.
• Advise Technical Operations and Maintenance control daily on the planned action to satisfy time limited deferred defects; ensuring planned action meets the operational requirements
• Authorise borrow or exchange of spares from other operators in extreme circumstances
• Ensure there are sufficient spare coverage at all outstations to support VAA (Virgin Atlantic) operation and meet agreed service levels and maximise overall cost efficiency of the entire VAA fleet
• Out of hours initiate procedures and provide technical spares support for VAA Aircraft and components undergoing work by third party, liaising with third parties at all times.
• Analyse and investigate high and low consumption of spares and report on trends
• The placement of quotation requests and tenders and the analyst of supplier responses, prior to placement of purchase orders after negotiation with suppliers at terms and conditions favourable to the company
You will be Educated to A level standard or equivalent and hold a CIPS qualification or equivalent. Have a good working knowledge of European Aviation Safety Agency / Civil Aviation Authority and Federal Aviation Administration publications.
You will have the ability to work to deadlines and identify priority requirements. You’ll work well on your own initiative and under pressure. Demonstrate excellent negotiation and organisational skills so you are able to liaise with a variety of suppliers and establish contractual agreements. If the above sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
Our pioneering spirit and passion keeps our brand vibrantly alive. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits in place to help you enjoy life to the full, as well as a world of travel opportunities including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic global destinations. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes, life assurance, child care vouchers and excellent discounts across the Virgin Group of companies. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
Be you - our differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Our aim is to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our brilliant mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not send unsolicited CVs to our job openings or to Virgin Atlantic employees. Virgin Atlantic is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.