Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
The successful candidate will be a problem solver and possesses excellent organisational and time management skills as your need to assist and manage the repair and overhaul services of VAA rotable components to 3rd party repair vendors and pool partners in support of VAA operational requirements alongside monitoring and approving repair quotes and invoices.
You'll be an excellent communicator and someone who is capable of building effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders as at times you will be leading difficult conversations with suppliers to address performance or non-compliance issues.
Day to day
- Manage VAA Repair OOB (Open Order Book), building and maintaining relationships with key repair vendors. Maintaining dialogue with suppliers on the status of repairs. Expediting of repairs when required to support AOG/DD/Operational requirements.
- Assists in the administration of repair and overhaul services in the most cost effective and timely manner, from our approved vendors and pool partners ensuring Virgin inventory levels are optimized and able to meet the operational demands.
- Actively assist in the management of the operational performance of our repair vendors and pool partners through the enforcement of contractual terms, ensuring all regulatory requirements are met and appropriate performance improvement plans are applied.
- Deliver cost saving initiatives against the annual budget (e.g. Identify opportunities for vendor consolidation, credits, penalties, warranties, commitment letters etc.)
- Knowledge & awareness of the Regulatory requirements governing Component Repairs
- Appetite and pro-activeness to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives which result in compliant, cost effective and timely solutions to the Engineering Supply Chain and broader Engineering community
- Technical aircraft knowledge would be an advantage in order to effectively review and adjudicate repair quotes
- Working knowledge of warranty processes
- Attained or working towards or has an interest in obtaining Stage 4 Materials Management / Procurement NVQ or equivalent.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of the Engineering Computer System and other relevant IT systems used within Supply Chain.
- Budget management
- Understands the approved sources of Repair & Overhaul Services that are procured by the department
- Demonstrate adherence to Local/Departmental Procedures
- Knowledge of technical manuals and documentation relevant to the role
- Working autonomously, having confidence in own decision making
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values