Salary: £23,452 plus commission and excellent benefits
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 hours (Under the company's annualised hours system are based on a 37.5 hour week over 52 weeks (one year), making a total of 1950 (pro-rated down if working fewer hours)hours per year that you are required to work)
Closing Date: Friday 29th September 2023
In a nutshell
Being a Personal Holiday Supervisor, we'll help you become the specialist, creating once-in-a-lifetime trips and making our customers' dreams a reality. Ready to take on each challenge as it comes, and spot opportunities to promote our outstanding products. But it doesn't stop there, we are always looking at ways to blow our customers away and create those magic moments throughout their journey.
Our people are the heart and soul of our success. Without them, we couldn't get off the ground. We'll coach you and help unlock your true potential, giving you outstanding training opportunities to build and grow your career. Fun fact - almost 100% of our supervisors worked their way up internally.
Day to day
As a Personal Travel Supervisor, you won't just be the face of Virgin Atlantic Holidays, you'll be using your personality to encourage customers to turn their holiday dreams into reality. Working alongside our established award-winning Retail Team, who share your passion and dedication for delivering outstanding customer service.
Everything that we do always starts with our customers, and we truly believe in going out of our way to surprise and delight. It's truly an amazing feeling to be part of our customer's holiday journey.
We aren't just travel agents; we're dream makers and groundbreakers. Now more than ever this is pivotal to our success and return to profitability.
What we offer
- Our training kicks off with our famous "First Dates" in our amazing head office building in Crawley. This is followed by a four-week training programme which is a combination of virtual, face-to-face, and in-store training. It's fast-paced and turbulent sometimes, but we believe it makes things...well, just a bit more fun!
- Industry-leading Staff Travel benefits with up to seven flights a year to any of Virgin Atlantic's destinations (did someone say Barbados?)
- Ongoing coaching and development throughout your career.
- Generous contributory pension scheme and life assurance.
- EVE benefits - a catalogue of optional salary sacrifices benefits such as travel insurance and dental insurance.
Are you looking for the next step in your career in travel and have high levels of motivation, with the ability to translate this energy to staff? If so keep reading as we're on the lookout for an individual who has worked in a sales environment. Whilst experience within the travel industry would be beneficial, this is not crucial.
Alongside the above, you'll need to deliver industry-leading customer experience, so having excellent interpersonal skills alongside being compassionate, detailed, positive and an outstanding teammate will all help.
Being a Supervisor is a lively and exciting role but sometimes you may feel conflicting demands on your time so you will need to be an agile problem solver and be confident in making decisions that put our customers first.
If you enjoy the challenge of flexing between multiple pieces of information and are striving to grow your people leadership skills, then we would love to hear from you!
What we're looking for
- You'll keep our customer-facing merchandise up-to-date and sales-focused to inspire customer enquiries and sales.
- Support the Manager with operational performance including rotas, discounting and forward-thinking ideas to grow our business.
- Role model sales through service to deliver a high level of Mystery shopper scores and sales.
- Ensure completion of customer questionnaires and analyse results.
- You'll help develop your team to support our business objective to be the Most Loved travel company.
- If things don't go to plan, you'll investigate and resolve every question straight away.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic, we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference and everything that makes our colleagues unique by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, ([email protected]) feeling confident that we've got your individual considerations covered.