Salary: £21,320 plus excellent benefits and commission
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 hours (Under the company's annualised hours system is based on a 37.5-hour week over 52 weeks (one year), making a total of 1950 (pro-rated down if working fewer hours)hours per year that you are required to work)
Closing Date: Sunday 4th June 2023
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic Holidays, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we're harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
We love to disrupt the market with fresh ideas. Bringing new approaches to the industry and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on issues of sustainability, people, or our communities. So, if you're ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
We're not just travel agents; we're dream makers and groundbreakers! As a Personal Holiday Advisor, you'll become the specialist, creating once-in-a-lifetime trips, and making our customer's dreams a reality.
Day to day
- Working alongside our award-winning retail team who share your passion and dedication to delivering outstanding customer service.
- Establish trust and use your personality to inspire our customers to craft truly memorable holidays.
- Look for ways to blow our customers away with our products to create magical moments throughout their journey.
- Strive to achieve individual and team targets.
- Collaborate with other teams across the business and third-party suppliers.
We're looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills, and a natural conversation starter who has passion and enthusiasm to work within travel and tourism.
- Excellent customer service skills with a strong commitment to achieving targets.
- Dedicated to building a repeat customer base.
- Creative and adaptable to overcome challenges in a constantly evolving environment - no two days are ever the same.
- Self-motivated and driven taking pride in your work.
- Flexible and able to work varied shifts in line with customer demand. This will include evenings and weekends.
What we offer
- Our training kicks off with our famous "First Dates" in our amazing head office building in Crawley. This is followed by a four-week training programme which is a combination of virtual and in-store training.
- Industry-leading Staff Travel benefits with up to seven flights a year to any of Virgin Atlantic's destinations (did someone say Barbados?)
- Ongoing coaching and development throughout your career.
- Generous contributory pension scheme and life assurance.
- EVE benefits - a catalogue of optional salary sacrifice benefits such as travel insurance and dental insurance.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and Digital GP service.
If this sounds intriguing, we'd love to hear from you!
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic, we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference and everything that makes our colleagues unique by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (firstname.lastname@example.org) feeling confident that we've got your individual considerations covered.