Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
As Payment Strategy Manager you'll champion and be responsible for the delivery of Virgin Atlantic’s (VAA) Payment’s strategy, globally to ensure an integrated and consistent approach across markets. You set the direction and will provide excellent account management across key supplier relationships externally (Including Lloyds Cardnet, First Data, Amex, Realex, Datacash, Accelya, Citi etc) and internally with others across the business (including senior management across VAA, Virgin Group & our Joint Venture).
Working with the Head of Distribution & senior stakeholders across the business, this role will be fully accountable for the definition and delivery of our Payment Strategy. Specific focuses will include creating business cases to justify payment strategic plans, providing project sponsorship from a business perspective ensuring we add value and continue to evolve payment innovations and emerging technologies.
Day to day
- Lead and develop Payment strategy - Maintain, evolve and drive the payment strategy, Identifying opportunities, drive innovation and define the payment vision
- Manage third party relationships - Driving continuous optimization of commercials and drive technology direction. Specific focus will be on successfully onboarding new CCA & PSP partners
- Lead and manage payment innovations - Identify new opportunities, emerging payment innovations and lead discussions to ascertain suitability for VS strategic direction (including VAH as our hero Product). Provide direction to projects already in scope, key focus being on the successful delivery of VAL Payment Orchestration Platform
- Financial analysis & Payment budget oversight - Responsible for keeping stakeholders up to date, monitor and fully optimize cost of acceptance
- Lead Governance to achieve better Risk Mitigation, best practices & Operational Oversight - The role is accountable for embedding and integrating payments best practice and risk management compliance practices into day-to-day business processes to both improve operational efficiency and comply with card scheme rules and regulations.
Do you have proven experience in online payments or financial industry on senior positions influencing division or corporate strategy? Then this could be the role for you.
Alongside the above we're looking for the following to be successful in your application:
- Vendor management or experience working with or at a payments service provide
- Experience in market and consumer behaviour research
- Knowledge of financial industry regulation and online payments landscape
- Proven track record in commercial negotiations on executive level with emphasis on B2B
- Credit Card Acquirer management and Commercial dealing
- B2C Payments and Fraud Industry experience
- Online payments / offline payments / fraud prevention
- Experience in Consumer goods merchants is a plus
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous project
If the above sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values