In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, our purpose is to ensure everyone can tackle the world. Our vision is to be the most loved travel company. To achieve both, we're harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to reinvent the world and build thoughtful experiences that feel beautifully different at every opportunity.
Our people are industry game-changers who see the world differently. Acting as a loud and proud voice for positive change for our people, places, and the planet, they're not afraid to roll up their sleeves to address the big things while never forgetting the importance of the small details. So, if you're ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
As part of the Technology and Transformation function, this role will be working as part of a team accountable for the successful delivery and implementation of our Oracle (Cloud) programme. You will lead the critical Data workstream, collaborating closely with Technology and Data, in house teams and external suppliers.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as Oracle Data Lead will be:
- Support the effective implementation of Oracle Fusion (Cloud), replacing the current on-premises Oracle EBS for People (HR) and Finance
- Lead the Data workstream involving a sophisticated Data Migration, Data Lakehouse build and Reporting
- The role involves strong collaborator management and effective communication at various levels of the business, with collaborators, SMEs, Data and Insights, technology provider and our system Implementation Partner
- Effective management across all facets of the Data workstream, ensuring key deliverables are met in line with the programme objectives & timeline
- The position will be supervising and leading Data Migration activities such as strategy, definition, cleansing, mapping and reconciliation
- Drive measurable quality and success factors through each data iteration
- Lead a successful business data mapping and data reconciliation process
- Ensure the workstream produces the required results to the agreed standard of quality and within set parameters of cost, risk and time
Are you a passionate Oracle specialist and love partnering with a diverse breadth of people?
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone with strong management and interpersonal skills, along with an analytical capability.
In addition to the above, we'd love for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
- Significant expertise in Data Cleansing, Enrichment and Migration activities
- Track record of leading Oracle EBS to Oracle Fusion (Cloud) with large and intricate Data Migrations
- Experience with Data Lakehouse and Reporting initiatives
- Experience in Oracle Fusion SaaS for People and Finance functions
- Technical expertise with Oracle HCM, Payroll and Finance ERP
- Experience working both a key member of our Waterfall and Agile delivery environment, and with standard project delivery tools such as Teams, Azure and Perform
- End to end Project Management experience
- Qualifications in Project Management disciplines like Agile, Prince 2 and APM
If this sounds like you, and you wish to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!