Salary: £23,669 plus excellent benefits (pro-rated for part time hours)
Hours: Full Time positions available on an annualised hours contract
Shifts: Due to the nature of the role, you will work on a 7 day rotational shift basis, including early mornings and evenings. We will try to be as flexible as possible.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, our purpose is to ensure everyone can take on the world. Our vision is to be the most loved travel company. To achieve both, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to reimagine the world and create thoughtful experiences that feel brilliantly different at every opportunity.
Our people are game changers who see the world differently. Acting as a loud and proud voice for positive change for our people, places, and the planet, they’re not afraid to roll up their sleeves to take on the big things while never forgetting the importance of the small details. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
Our award-winning Clubhouse bar is looking for experienced Bartenders to join our awesome team.
You’ll be providing an amazing service to our upper-class customers, not only with a brilliant team but at the longest bar in West London! Our Mixologists create cocktails that are featured in magazines, television and in luxury hotels and they have an integral part of planning, choosing and implementing products used within Virgin Atlantic.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as our Mixologist, Bartender will be:
• Demonstrating the Virgin Atlantic behaviours to deliver the best possible service to the guests in the Clubhouse.
• Creating unique and memorable cocktails for customers.
• Ensuring the bar is kept sparkling clean at all times.
• Ensure that all drinks are prepared and served according to the Clubhouse standards, timely and accurately
• Achieve excellent customer engagement and satisfaction
• Keeping our bars amazing standards of cleanliness
• To be in the know about all our food & beverage products
• Assist in the development of exciting new cocktail list
Are you passionate about Bartending with an amazing service?
In addition to the above, we’re looking for our successful Mixologist to demonstrate the following:
• Genuine enthusiasm for providing a high standard of customer service at all times
• Great teamwork skills
• Been able to keep calm and productive under pressure.
• Cleanliness being second nature.
• Good communication skills and excellent spoken English
• Passion for beverage.
• Previous experience in a cocktail-led bar operation.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to unlock your potential at our amazing bar, that won the best airport lounge in the world, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values