Hours: 4 on 4 off (hours will be discussed at interview)
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
Day to day
- Ensure that all Civil Aviation Authority and Virgin Atlantic Quality mandatory regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Be fully conversant with all material procedures in the companies’ procedures manual and with all current material instruction notices (LOI).
- Ensure all materials processed through Goods- inward are binned in the appropriate storage areas and the computerised inventory system updated to reflect the part's location.
- Interrogate and update the computerised inventory system with issues, credits and transfers both commercial and approved and generally use the computerised inventory system to facilitate the smooth running of the Technical Stores.
- Ensure all hangar checks and pre-loaded items are drawn from stock in a timely fashion and that all items are identified with aircraft registration, job card number and copy labels attached.Investigate thoroughly all-stock discrepancies before completion of a stock discrepancy form.
- Assist with receiving of goods onto the computerised inventory system (first stage) prior to the inspection of an authorised person.
- Complete all self-monitoring procedures and forward the results to the technical stores supervisor.
- Compile paperwork and prepare and dispatch items required at outstations on other airlines to meet AOG or critical requirements. Ensure copy labels are attached and all relevant information is forwarded to the relevant Material Planner.
- Notify the Duty Material Planner that an AOG OR Critical requirement exists, when a nil or not stocked situation arises outside normal working hours.
- Maintain the required standards of housekeeping and cleanliness including safety precautions aligning with regulations of health and safety.
- Ensure that access to the Technical stores areas are limited to authorised personnel only as a bonded store admittance is restricted to personnel on a accompanied basis only in pursuance of their duties.
- Deliver parts as required to our customers internal and external.
- Prepare parts and tools for Dispatching and Shipping from VAA.