Hours: Full Time
Location: Hybrid remote working with days in our VHQ Crawley, West Sussex - speak to us about what flexibility looks like for you.
Closing Date: 25th January 2022
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we’re just as passionate as we’ve always been about becoming the most loved travel company. One thing we know for sure – this last year has shown that when we combine our brand with the power of amazing people, we make something truly magical.
In this exciting Marketing Manager - Brand Partnerships Activation role, you’ll own and define the global strategy and activation plan for our Travel Partners, such as Tourist Boards, Destinations, Theme Parks, Hotels and Virgin Travel Companies.
With responsibility to deploy partner budgets between £5-8 million, you’ll work with senior stakeholders on global partnerships that drive value for Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Atlantic Holidays to support our brand and commercial objectives.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as our Marketing Manager - Brand Partnerships Activation will be:
Brand partnership strategy & planning
• Develop & deliver the brand partner plans utilising all accessible partner funds to support the delivery of brand & commercial targets in the most impactful & efficient way possible.
• Devise a robust partnership framework to manage 80+ partners which supports prioritisation of activity & maximises ROI
• Deliver industry-leading partner activities across direct and indirect channels whilst focusing on utilizing minimal resource to deliver the best results.
• Activate brilliant activity/campaigns for partners that sets Virgin Atlantic apart from our key competitors and positions us as the most loved to do business with.
• Be Brand & Marketing leader in new routes working groups & other key partner forums, contributing to the overall commercial strategy
Build strong & effective relationships with priority partners including Tourist Boards, Government Ministry, Hotel Groups at CMO/ Minister Level
• Become the best travel entity to do business with across the industry, ensuring we capitalize on opportunities to maximise value.
• Proactively build and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with key partners to drive advantage & preferential opportunities for Virgin Atlantic
• Develop strategies to keep 80+ commercial partners engaged & operating effectively within the brand partnership framework.
Seek out new global partners to support business growth opportunities
• Identify new global partners that add value to our brand and support our key commercial priorities
• Stay closely connected with trading/network & commercial teams to build up a pipeline of partners to activate within pre-defined guidelines to support our trading needs.
• Develop partnerships that support our new route strategy and give us the best chance of success in new markets.
• Represent marketing at key travel events.
Partner Budget and Financial Control
• Devise a clear process for managing partner income across so that it is deployed to drive best ROI for Virgin Atlantic within finance process parameters
• Collaborate closely with wider marketing colleagues to ensure clarity on the agreed processes.
Are you passionate about travel?
Do you have a strong mix of marketing experience with excellent stakeholder management skills?
In addition to the above, we’re looking for our successful Marketing Manager - Brand Partnerships Activation to demonstrate the following:
• Resourceful self-starter with high degree of commercial acumen; comfortable continuously re-prioritising budgets/resources to deliver best “bang for buck”
• Demonstrable understanding of diverse range of marketing disciplines from advertising, social, content, digital, CRM, retail marketing to sponsorship and activations.
• Proven track record re-designing and embedding processes to support business transformation.
• Exceptional relationship builder with strong influencing & stakeholder management skills.
• Adept in working in matrix organization and delivering output via others.
• Strong team leader with a proven track record of coaching teams to superior levels of performance.
• Experience in the travel industry would be highly beneficial.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to unlock your potential with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic, we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, or religious beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values