Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
Virgin Atlantic is still proudly flying, creating the same fabulous flight experience we’re famous for, and we’re busily laying the foundations for a profitable future. We know that the right people are key to creating success – so we’re looking for someone brilliant to join our People team and help us achieve our vision. Perhaps that’s you? We’d love to find out.
In this Reward Manager role you will develop reward and benefits products and policies, both in the UK and Internationally, to ensure we have the right offering and market positioning to attract, retain and stretch talent.
Day to day
- Research, analyse, plan, procure, implement and communicate new and existing reward and benefit products, to ensure we are competitive within our market.
- Maintain market awareness and measure how our reward packages benchmark externally, recommending adjustments to improve competitiveness.
- Use a range of data sources to evaluate the effectiveness of current reward processes and policies, measuring impact, value and any key themes for improvement.
- Ensure we are future proofing our reward proposition and maximizing all opportunities for alignment or harmonisation across the enterprise.
- Highlighting external insights to inform future reward thinking and continually improve the offering.
- Apply subject matter expertise to refine and maintain the suite of reward products and policies, ensuring full compliance with local laws and legislation.
- Work with third party specialists to anticipate upcoming public policy, legislative or best practice changes and ensure these are fed into our product and process frameworks.
- Independently research complex compensation and benefit issues and propose resolutions.
- Develop internal mechanisms to ensure all decision making and governance is fully documented and current
- Chair quarterly account reviews, governance meetings and committees, with both internal and external partners, auditors, consultants and vendors, designing agendas, sharing information and facilitating regular discussions that drive maximum value back.
- Collaborate across the People function to design, deliver and communicate relevant and competitive reward packages and frameworks across VAA (fixed pay, variable pay, core and voluntary/flex benefits).
- Partner with key business leaders to undertake reward restructuring projects and one-off reviews, completing all end-to-end scoping, analysis, market review, modelling, recommendations and implementation planning.
- Manage and deliver end-to-end cyclical reward projects (including benefits enrolment cycles, variable pay cycle, pay review, Gender Pay, Equal Pay Audits etc.)
- Ensure reward packages align to our strategic aims, balancing internal and external competitiveness.
- Measure external partners to ensure all consistently offer excellent levels of service and competitive pricing.
- Ensure all risk benefits are appropriately budgeted, maximising all opportunities to either improve product quality / relevance or reduce costs whenever possible.
- Complete regular reviews with benefits providers to measure claims performance and VAA’s workforce profile, anticipating and advising on future changes versus budgeted spend.
- Contribute to budgeting, phasing and tracking activities to ensure spend is fully managed within budget.
- Ensure all reward products are fully operationalised into the People Operations and Resourcing teams at every tier, ensuring that all products, FAQs, advice and guidance is accurate, relevant and effectively delivered, providing additional support, training or guidance where needed.
- Collaborate with systems team to leverage latest technologies, improve automation and simplify processes.
- Use People Operations and third party partner data to evaluate the effectiveness of current reward service delivery, making recommendations where needed to improve or simplify the people experience.
We're looking for Reward Managers with the following skills and experience:
- Proven design experience in Reward in complex, global organisations
- Track record of designing reward and/or benefits plans for diverse stakeholder groups
- Prior experience bringing a broad range of external thinking and market insight into the organisation’s reward plans, including but not limited to disruptive practice, market / competitor insight, thought leadership, benchmarking and trend analysis
- CIPD Qualified or equivalent generalist HR grounding across multiple disciplines
- Highly numerate with advanced analytical skills
- Broad experience of designing / building Excel-based models with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of delivering significant reward changes, challenging established ways of thinking and behaving whilst preserving relationships
- Experience of working with Trade Unions and Staff Committees an advantage
- Experience of International Reward, particularly US, Asia Pacfic or Middle East / Africa an advantage
- Track record of negotiating and managing a wide range of benefits partners, including risk benefits brokering
- High level of drive, enthusiasm, tenacity and resilience
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values