Salary: Competitive per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday
Location: This is a hybrid remote working role with up to 3 days a week in our VHQ, Crawley, West Sussex.
Contract: Fixed Term Contract / Secondment - 12 Months
Advertising Close Date: June 4th 2023
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we're just as passionate as we've always been about becoming the most loved travel company. We're still proudly flying, creating the same fabulous flight experience we're famous for, and we're busily laying the foundations for a profitable future. We know that the right people are key to creating success - so we're looking for a Property Manager to join our team and help us achieve our vision. Perhaps that's you? We'd love to find out.
As a Property Manager you'll manage our International Property portfolio, acting as the primary interface between the Property and Facilities team and our landlords, airport authorities, project delivery teams and internal customers to deliver change to our working and customer environments. You'll 'own' the masterplan for their respective properties, including the management of leases, property development (Services and Aesthetics), community relationships and disposals. With responsibility for facilitating change driven by customer need, changing external trends, legislation, landlords and business resilience.
In this role you will be responsible for driving forward projects and initiatives that ensure that the property portfolio is safe, secure, fit for purpose and inspiring for our people and customers.
Day to day
Property Portfolio Management
- For designated properties, to design, drive and own the overall building masterplan. This is to include all aspects of the property from lease, building resilience, occupant working practices (e.g. wellbeing, flexible working etc.) and aesthetics.
- Taking ownership for the relationship with landlords, neighbouring tenants, local authorities, airport operators and community groups as applicable, ensuring all lease obligations are met (both ways), managing lease renewals and proactively seeking opportunities to reduce cost through sustainability measures, rates reduction and space efficiency.
- Driving forward and managing property and premises acquisitions, dispositions, moves, and handling mid-sized projects. Always ensuring change is delivered in a cost effective and compliant manner to time, cost, and quality requirements, in line with Corporate and Property and Facilities process.
- Ensuring third parties deliver value for money, being savvy to procurement processes to deliver appropriate solutions, tendering work where appropriate and holding parties to account to deliver. This includes acting as the primary interface for internal customers to work with to deliver the desired outcomes (e.g., a new customer lounge).
- To provide oversight, guidance and assurance of the activities undertaken by the Executives - Property Portfolio. The role holder must ensure that change is delivered in a safe, sustainable, and practical manner (e.g., ensure conformance to Building Regulations, local requirements, etc.).
Supplier and Landlord Management
- Owner of project supplier relationships as applicable, which may include general contractors, furniture providers, space planning specialists and external legal counsel. In each instance, ensuring the requirements are clearly defined and delivered and all associated administration is tightly controlled.
- Ensure that the suppliers deliver value for money, have appropriate contractual reviews and target measures in place.
- Act as the central point of contact on customer engagement activity and new initiatives, balancing customer demand with central strategy and budget. Support / ownership of property related BAU and significant events. This includes supporting promotions (e.g. a new route event), facilitating moves of equipment (e.g. additional furniture requirement), and delivering on significant corporate property development initiatives and building closures.
Supporting 'Most Loved' Vision
- Ensure building condition is aligned with our Most Loved vision, connecting with local property users and encouraging all team members to champion the workplace to ensure all areas are safe, secure and well presented.
- Where appropriate encouraging building occupants to take responsibility for their environment.
Governance and Controls
- Facilitate the Workplace Safety Action Group (WSAG) and inputs to the Virgin Atlantic Safety and Security Review Board (VASSRB).
- Driving forward of actions to ensure operationally robust property and facilities provision.
We're looking for the following to be successful in your application. However if you feel you have comparable skills demonstrable from other roles we'd love to hear.
- Third-party contractor management and a good understanding of contracts / leases, property procurement processes and property disposals.
- Customer Focus - The ability to balance customer demand with budget and practicality and able to challenge where needed.
- External Insight - Being able to proactive in identifying workplace trends and translating into opportunities for Virgin.
- Communication - Able to build strong relationships with internal customers, landlords and delivery partners.
- Data Analysis - Competent in the handling of data, and proactive in using to drive decision making and performance.
- Excellent Attention to Detail - Diligent on detail, analytical and able to construct robust and compelling business cases.
- Leadership / Team Management - Confident in leading and motivating a team, either of direct reports or colleagues.
- Project Management - Able to lead as Business Owner and in some instances act as Project Manager, facilitating deliverables and stakeholders for property initiatives.
- Planning - Ability to think ahead, and operate in a controlled and planned manner.
- Property knowledge (advantageous) - Non-UK Building rules and regulations (e.g. NFPA, WCB, OSHA), Risk Assessments, Landlord and Tennant Act etc.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic, we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference and everything that makes our colleagues unique by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (email@example.com) feeling confident that we've got your individual considerations covered.