Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we’re just as passionate as we’ve always been about becoming the most loved travel company. One thing we know for sure – this year has shown that when we combine our brand with the power of amazing people, we make something truly magical.
Virgin Atlantic is proudly flying, creating the same fabulous flight experience we’re famous for, and we’re busily laying the foundations for a profitable future. We know that the right people are key to creating success.
This exciting opportunity is in our Organisational Effectiveness (OE) Team which sits in the heart of our People department. As OE Manager, you will help deliver the strategy at Virgin Atlantic, ensuring that we have the right processes, tools, products, and support to ensure individual, team and organisational high performance.
The role will focus on individual, team and Organisational performance management, our values, organisational design and headcount control, strategic workforce planning and change management which delivers benefit for the business.
Day to day
As our Manager – Organisational Effectiveness, you will be responsible for the following day to day activities:
• Develop a future focused approach to performance management across all aspects of individual, team and organisational performance.
• Where applicable facilitate the cyclical people process across the business, working in partnership with business units
• Ensure managers are equipped and able to hold quality, timely and honest conversations which align to our values
• Ensure appropriate performance tools and processes are fully utilised in a consistent way across the business
• Provide change leadership with leaders and managers in driving large scale, enterprise level change programmes in pursuits of organisational high performance and strategic aims
• Provide advice, guidance and coaching to leaders in achieving large scale change that impacts on organisational performance, directing them to self-serve for smaller scale change
• Work in partnership with leaders to ensure where needed, large- and small-scale change align to the organisation design principles and deliver significant benefit leveraging data and analytics to support this
• Support leaders to ensure their teams and individuals have the appropriate structures and capabilities to drive towards high performance
• Lead, facilitate and partner with leaders in delivery of team and individual effectiveness toolkits and products focused on driving organisational, team and individual high performance
• Lead and/or support on adhoc and bespoke organisational effectiveness projects.
For this exciting opportunity, we are looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
• Significant experience in organisational effectiveness areas
• Experienced in driving organisational change programmes and supporting in delivery of people change programmes
• Confident working with all levels of stakeholders across the business – confident in influencing, supporting, and challenging across a range of organisational effectiveness disciplines and acting as trusted confidante
• CIPD qualified / part qualified or equivalent qualification preferred
• Significant strength in analytical work - with the ability to understand and drive insights from HR data, measure impacts, assess OE plans, diagnose trends and link to business performance outcomes
• Intermediate to advanced Excel skills – comfortable drawing insight from complex data
• Innovative thinker – comfortable challenging accepted practice and brings the ‘outside in’ to drive the business forward
• Experience of building high performing teams, coaching line managers to create an agile and focused business and deploying effectiveness tools
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values