In a nutshell
This is a fantastic role in Virgin Atlantic to be accountable for determining and delivering the Inflight Food and Beverage experience and development programme. You will work with our Catering service providers’ across the network to deliver a dining offering that meets the brand and design aspiration and delights on customer experience. Your enthusiasm for amazing menus made with quality food will ensure we achieve customer happiness and meet cost targets!Day to Day
- You will develop and implement an Inflight F&B ambition which fits in line with our strategy food vision across all classes of travel, refreshing this quarterly to ensure we continue to innovate.
- Carry out the final selection and approval of all Inflight Food and Beverage products - lets tantalise those taste buds.
- Design and implement a Supplier Development programme to ensure that any Supplier involved in the delivery of the F&B offering understands Virgins brand objectives and food vision.
- To drive a culture of innovation and to consistently challenge the norm on your approach to menu design, culinary skills and service offering.
- Represent Inflight service on any new F&B development initiatives and Tender projects.
- With a meticulous eye you will be responsible for the production and sign off on the printed literature offered on-board relating to F&B including Economy, Premium and Upper Class menu cards, crew service guides, allergen information sheets and wine lists.
- To actively seek out Brand Alliance Opportunities and work with the Brand Alliance team to improve the customer offering ensuring the product is aligned and fits with the Virgin brand.
- It is imperative as an Airline that you keep up to date the Virgin Atlantic Airways food safety policies and procedures relating to banned items, food labelling and food safety.
Are you an engaging communicator, can you bring ideas and requirements to life? With excellent cross functional and team working skills you will also have a genuine passion for all things' food related.
Skills for success:
A positive self-starter
Supplier management experience
Ability to build sound relationships you will network effectively, influencing where needed and present to your audience with a story telling ethos.
Track record of success at leading and delivering significant change through third party service contracts.
Whilst not an expert, you will be confident in your F&B knowledge
Deal well with ambiguity and can plot a robust track through it.
So if you are commercially astute with significant gravitas to represent VAA, champion what’s best for our customers and can balance this with cost we would love to see your application!
Additional Website Text
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course, you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self-select what’s important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible, remote working is available.
Be Yourself - Our Differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.