Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
We have an opportunity in our Inflight Services team, for someone to come and join as our Inflight Entertainment Content Manager on a fixed term contract basis.
Responsible for managing and driving forward the selection and acquisition of all onboard TV programming as part of our monthly entertainment offering, Vera our inflight entertainment is a high profile, customer facing activity, seen by all our customers throughout every flight. So, its key we create it in line with current and future trends in media consumption on the ground.
We're forward thinking at Virgin Atlantic (VAA) and this is a key product differentiator for us, it is vital that Vera maintains leading edge status within the industry, and that all programming is delivered on schedule, with VAA’s IFE creative brief and to budget.
• Responsible for overall strategy and direction of our TV proposition, responsible for the selection of TV programming ensuring it reflects our brand values and meets our customer requirements
Day to day
• Carry out extensive research and monitor trends in consumer markets in TV content provision and consumption, and initiate changes to stay ahead of our competitor ensuring the final line-up offers hidden gems, such as cutting-edge documentaries, which our customers love and have to come to expect to see onboard Vera.
• Maintain awareness of UK and worldwide television industry activity to ensure we feature the latest mainstream content but also high profile, groundbreaking, and niche material.
• Analyse various forms of customer feedback to identify trends in feedback and makes changes accordingly.
• Ensure that the best and most relevant content combination is selected in line with budget, season and customer demographic.
• Work with relevant suppliers and internal partners to ensure any time sensitive content is considered.
• Negotiate and manage the TV acquisitions budget, constantly striving for competitive deals
• Nurture existing and develop new relationships within the airline entertainment
• Attend media screenings and trade events to represent VAA.
Are you well-organised and able to manage a large flow of information, running multiple negotiations concurrently? Good planning and communication skills are key to this role. You will work to build a community with our people and external partners ensuring Vera is something to be proud of.
In addition to the above you will have:
• An in-depth knowledge of TV media alongside acquisitions experience
• A sound knowledge of TV production and industry formats.
• Experience in all technical aspects of general media delivery
• Experience of budget management
So, if you are passionate about TV content and production, creative and innovative in your approach, eager to work with your finger on the pulse of an ever-evolving industry, then we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values