Salary: Competitive Salary plus excellent Airline benefits
Hours: Full time, Mon - Fri
Location: The Base, Crawley
Closing date: 31st January
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
New year, new start! Are you looking for a change of career in 2020? Reporting to the Senior Manager – In-flight Services Product Supply Chain , this role is accountable for all activity relating to aircraft galley / space management, aircraft interiors and any other initiatives relating to new aircraft acquisitions. Responsible for the safety and compliance of the in-flight equipment product and closely liaising with internal partners regarding product development and projects.
You will effectively manage our third-party Business Services Supplier to ensure galley plans are aligned with all legislative and regulatory bodies. This means ensuring the Customer offering is loaded in the right quantity, in the right place and at the right time, meeting the brand expectations , promoting positive Net Promoter Score (NPS) and whilst achieving weight, waste and cost targets. If that’s not enough you’re our Subject matter expert (SME) relating to the strategic galley development and planning during new aircraft acquisitions.
Day to day
- Continually advance efficiencies of space and weight related to the contribution that In-flight Services has on aircraft dry operating weights, whilst managing destination, Engineering and Cabin Services requirements
- Ensures that such plans are accessible by the service provider community and cabin crew globally, so they are always aware of the correct stowage locations for all items
- To ensure that every aircraft has the correct quantity / ratio of product. Being commercially astute - this will have a direct financial repercussion to the Inflight Services (IFS) budget
- To drive and be accountable for the continual development of all galley planning to facilitate the delivery of IFS products and services. This requires assessing risks and cost exposure as well as consulting, influencing and advising key partners. Including but is not limited to:
- Charter / AD-HOC flying
- Route start-ups and close-downs
- New product introductions
- New service introductions
- Implement strategies relating to aircraft weight / balance and performance; including stores packing, aircraft loading and in-flight stowage requirements
- Subject matter expert relating to the strategic development and planning of new aircraft acquisitions; adapting, advising and influencing key partners regarding optimal LOPA and galley configurations. Supports the business to maximise seating ratios versus stowage requirements, recommending areas where space can be released to maximise revenue
- Influence and challenge galley planning and aircraft development at all levels of the business and inspire change across a wide range of partners
- Develop galley, cabin and stowage studies for new aircraft types joining the fleet
- Manages the Business Services Supplier to ensure robust crew and customer focused galley plans are built in a timely fashion
- Approval of Catering and Cabin Product loading plans ensuring the Business Service Supplier has delivered against profile, weight, waste cost targets
- Managing and reporting against the financial, weight, waste and performance targets for the performance of the Business Services Provider
- Represent In-flight Services in relation to new Aircraft, aircraft interiors, and new product development initiatives and projects validating the most efficient and cost-effective method to load new, existing or planned provisions, recommending to key partners the most efficient and seamless way of making products fit to fly
We are seeking a new Manager who has experience of using a galley planning software management system.
As a strong communicator, you will have confidence and conviction in your decision making coupled with influencing and negotiating skills. You will also feel comfortable handling challenging conversations for the best for the business. This is a stand-alone role, but you will work collaboratively with the wider inclusive and dynamic IFS team towards our strategic vision.
Skills for success include:
- Educated to A /AS level or equivalent experience
- Ability to build and develop effective working relationships across all levels and cultures
- Developed planning and organisational skills, handling ambiguity and planning a robust track through it
- A high level of attention to detail
- An excel superuser
We know it's a niche role, but if you feel this matches your skills and experience, we would love to hear from you!
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course, you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self-select what’s important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible, remote working is available.
Be Yourself - Our Differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.