Salary: Competitive per annum, plus excellent benefits
Contract: 12 month fixed term
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week, 4 on 4 off days 06:30 to 18:30
Location: The Hanger, London Heathrow (LHR)
Closing date: 20th January 2020
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Planning Engineer! You'll be responsible for ensuring that the Virgin Atlantic (VAA) fleet compliance is maintained in accordance with the approved Maintenance Programme - as specified by the legal & mandatory requirements of the Air Navigation Order, Part M, Part 145, EU-OPS and relevant EASA regulations.
This is achieved by the timely planning and co-ordination of maintenance planning activities in close liaison with other Engineering and Airline departments including the production and issue of technical documentation to the appropriate environment. These are to include the VAA Line / Hangars, outstations & 3rd Party MRO’s.
The overall aim is to integrate the maintenance needs of the VAA fleet with the Flying Programme in a safe and cost effective manner.
Day to day
- To ensure continued compliance through the ongoing review and management of the maintenance plan on the relevant IT systems and take appropriate action in order to ensure that compliance for planned tasks is always maintained.
- Produce an optimised maintenance plan taking into account capacity and resource aligned to the SLA (Service Level Agreement) within the appropriate planning environment.
- Manage the maintenance plan minimising delays / cancellations, maximising downtime, whilst continually safeguarding compliance of the aircraft.
- Compile maintenance documentation according to environment via the loading of applicable tasks into the IT computer system.
- Ensure that maintenance and supporting documentation is printed in line with departmental procedures and SLA’s.
- Plan maintenance on a continuous basis against available capacity to maximise aircraft availability.
- Monitor all aircraft maintenance work packages on an ongoing basis to ensure maintenance task compliance is met at all times.
- To manage the Maintenance Programme in line with departmental procedures whilst responding to changes in the operational flying programme.
- To review all deferred defects and plan workable defects into the aircraft inputs as appropriate. Coordination and control of any internal / external third party requirements.
- Liaise with appropriate and other appropriated departments within the maintenance environment (MRO / Hangar / Line) to resolve all technical and administrative queries.
- Attend and where required host planning meetings to facilitate the effective handover of the maintenance documentation.
- Produce reports as required for relevant production environment in relation to maintenance planning service and activities.
- Resolve all relevant documentation queries as appropriate with other departments in Virgin and third parties where appropriate to ensure the smooth running / closure of the input packages.
- Adhere to and participate in the updating of EDP’s (Engineering Departmental Procedures) and LOI’s (Local Office Instructions) to continually improve the Maintenance Planning function.
- Ensure the appropriate use of computer systems (Ultramain, OMS & Sharepoint Sites) to perform planning functions.
We are seeking individuals that have preferably served a recognised apprenticeship in Aircraft Engineering with knowledge to the level of a Licensed Aircraft Engineer, or equivalent. Knowledge of EASA regulations Part 145, Part M, Part 21, Air Navigation Orders will be also be key for this role. You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the safety and reliability issues whilst also having knowledge of current planning techniques and systems together with a good working understanding of IT in general.
You’ll have experience of working within a busy planning environment and managing the planning of checks from inception to completion. Working knowledge of Maintenance Programmes planning, work pack production and methodology, Technical Records control is essential to the role. You'll demonstrate a high level of interpersonal, communicative skill with personal efficiency and able to work unsupervised or as part of a team, being a highly motivated, professional, flexible individual with a keen attention to detail. If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you live life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self select whats important to you through our benefits portal.
BE YOURSELF - OUR DIFFERENCES MAKE US STRONGER
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is encouraged and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.