Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
Virgin Atlantic is still proudly flying, creating the same fabulous flight experience we’re famous for, and we’re busily laying the foundations for a profitable future. We know that the right people are key to creating success – so we’re looking for someone brilliant to join our team and help us achieve our vision. Perhaps that’s you? We’d love to find out.
As Junior Employment Counsel you will provide advisory support across key areas of mainstream employment law and tribunals. You will manage the caseload and manage implementation of government guidance across our policies and processes, and support & partner across all directorates and with external providers and external counsel. You'll update and maintain the people risk registers and tracking progress and changes. Liaising with unions and supporting the Senior Counsel in attending union stakeholder meetings as an adviser.
- Responsible for managing activities associated with prevention and mediation ahead of any tribunal submissions or litigation
- End to end management and responsibility for all aspects of employment tribunal claims
- Managing and tracking of the monthly risk register and all associated reporting, working closely with Legal, Safety and Security and Internal Audit as necessary
- Advise on and support work across activities related to trade union partnerships and attend regular meetings with key stakeholders
- Work with colleagues in Internal Audit to ensure compliance measure are met and reported on monthly and as required. Liaise with external law firms to embed service agreements and build a relationship acting as the key internal partner for our bank of external advisers
- Analyse and advise on legislative changes on employment and employee benefit practices, policies, and procedures
- Build close relationships across both HR and Legal in order to foster a partnering approach. Support the Senior Counsel on employment matters to assist them with the strategic vision for the group ongoing, and provide up to date best practice and case law.
Alongside the above we are also looking for the below key criteria to be successful in your application:
- Experience of ER and Tribunal caseloads
- Experience of working on HR policies and providing employment law advisory services and general HR guidance, reward and benefits
- Experience with outsourcing and TUPE
- Ability to influence, engage and build positive relationships with key stakeholders and outsourced providers
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you
Virgin Atlantic Holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can ignite the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values