Salary: Starting from £41,000 dependant on experience plus excellent benefits
Hours: Full time, Mon - Fri
Location: The Base, Crawley
Closing date: 23rd Jan
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
We have an exciting opportunity for a Performance Manager to join our Inflight Entertainment and Connectivity Team (IFEC). This role will manage the monthly media delivery update across Virgin Atlantic Airways fleet in line with complex schedules to ensure on time delivery of this high-profile customer facing product, as well as ad hoc media updates and software upgrades across various media platforms
In addition, you will manage and report the performance of IFEC functionality, features and systems in-service as well as customer response. We want you to work closely with the IFEC and Engineering teams to ensure new software products, functionality, concepts and services are successfully delivered into service for all IFE & Connectivity onboard systems. Supporting and delivering on board changes and innovation you will drive improved services and efficiencies for both the business and our customers.
Day to day
- Manage contract with our Technical Service Provider (TSP) and 3rd party integrators in order to ensure the best pricing and best service for all IFE technical requirements are achieved, including integration, encoding, screen updates.
- Work closely with the Content and Development Teams to support the realisation of their strategy through media and software updates.
Manage our IFE hardware and software vendors to ensure ad hoc media updates and software upgrades to media platforms and connectivity systems are delivered in line with schedule.
- Build robust relationship with Engineering partners as this role will be the key contact for all Engineering IFEC related issues.
- Work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders to ensure all IFEC reporting across the business is consolidated into one relevant monthly dashboard to represent accurate overall summary of IFEC performance.
- Management of the interactive elements of the current and future onboard entertainment systems, working closely with IFEC team members and other internal departments across the design, functionality, architecture and content elements.
- Ability to troubleshoot confidently. Creatively offering solutions and/or understand queries spanning various VAA internal and third parties who are all working on same activity.
- Identifying key trends and collaborating with relevant parties to create improvements/solutions. Ensure any Service Improvement plans are agreed and implemented to agreed timelines
- All new IFEC related developments/products/functionality are clearly and fully communicated to IFEC team, Engineering teams and all relevant partners, including any usage instructions and changes to processes.
- Work with IFEC Development Managers to ensure all new functionality/features are fully tested within trial period to mitigate risk to live operation.
- Ensure all suppliers have appropriate Business Continuity Plans in place, including failing supplier
- Drive a continuous improvement performance culture within external suppliers to deliver improved standards of service both commercially and for the customer
We are looking for an SME in IFE and connectivity software and hardware systems, with in-depth understanding of all technical aspects of general media delivery.
Skills for success:
You will have a positive, proactive and pragmatic approach to achieving results.
Strong analytical skills.
Ability to build strong relationships with counterparts in operational teams, gaining trust and recognition for adding value.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with confidence and credibility to challenge and influence.
Ability to test and release software.
Good attention to detail, with ability to work to strict deadlines with a calm head.
Good project management skills with the ability to communicate with and influence various people across the organization.
Highly analytical approach, being able to monitor issues, diagnose problems and suggest solutions.
Experience of handling external suppliers and agencies.
In-depth knowledge of IFE and connectivity system technology.
If this all sounds like a perfect match to your experience, we would love to see your application!
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course, you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self-select what’s important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible, remote working is available.
Be Yourself - Our Differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.