Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: Sunday 29th May 2022
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
This is a truly fantastic opportunity to take ownership of an integral area of Virgin Atlantic where you will be accountable for delivering an effective Engineering Supply Chain solution, ensuring the highest level of Safety and reliability for Virgin Atlantic, whilst optimising the operational costs (approximately two thirds of Engineering & Maintenance budget).
You will work directly with key partners, such as Boeing, Airbus and Rolls Royce, along with other valued partners. You will play a pivotal role in supporting the wider leadership team.
Day to day
Leads Team to deliver:
- Effective cross functional working, capable of achieving their objectives whilst integrating with Engineering and Maintenance peer group teams to deliver specialist operational, commercial and maintenance plan leadership, and having control of the annual departmental budget to ensure expenditure is in line with the business plan and budget.
- Manage all Supply Chain Staff, ensuring that the required standards of performance, experience and delivery are maintained
Delivery of operational support
- 24/7 Supply Chain operational support
- Maintenance check material provisioning
- AOG material provisioning
- Deliver strategic warehousing, storage, transportation and logistics solutions
- All EASA Part M & Part 145 requirements fulfilled
- Definition of Departmental LOIs and EDPs
Life cycle cost & inventory management
- Accountable for negotiation and management of Supply Chain contracts in area of responsibility
- Accountable for component warranty management
- Manage assets to meet return conditions and minimise end of lease cost exposure
- Effective technical and commercial management of Supply Chain assets, including tooling, to optimise operational support and cost of ownership
MRO, OEMs and Part M regulatory relationship management
- Manage relationship and act as point of escalation for issues, both operational and commercial, with key suppliers
- Develop communication strategies while managing relationships with all airline departments and 3rd party suppliers
- Define and agree appropriate service level agreements with suppliers
- Develop and maintain the relationship with EASA
Do you have a background as a senior level supply chain professional, ideally from the aviation/airline industry, with strong commercial acumen and a history of supporting and managing multimillion pound contracts/partnerships? If this sounds like you and you have the below skills and capabilities, then we'd love to hear from you!
- Must be thorough, detailed and analytical in their work, with enthusiasm to develop a professional team culture.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills and influencing skills at all levels both internally and externally to VAA. Including ability to compile and deliver presentations and reports to Senior Management.
- Ability to work well on their own initiative and demonstrate strong cross functional working relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills to allow the individual to operate at a senior level in VAA, and effective peer to peer relationships and influencing skills
- Knowledge of EASA, CAA & other National Airworthiness Authority regulations
- Has demonstrated cost and commercial awareness in relation to decisions within the function
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values