Hours: Full Time
Location: VHQ, Crawley
Closing Date: June 11th 2023
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic Airways, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we're harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
The Head of Safety is the nominated Virgin Atlantic Safety Manager and provides information and advice to the Accountable Manager(s) on all matters relating to safe operations of the business and our passengers.
Day to day
Reporting into the Vice President Health, Safety, Security and Compliance (VPHSS) with a direct line of contact to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) (Accountable Manager).
You will be responsible for the overall management oversight of Virgin Atlantic/Virgin Atlantic Holidays' global safety.
The Head of Safety is a focal point and policy making figure, setting down procedures to ensure that maximum safety is afforded to our staff, passengers and assets. Incorporating all requirements and directives placed upon the airline.
You, and your appointed people, will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing our airlines Safety Management System (SMS) in accordance with regulatory requirements and for the continuous improvement of safety across the business.
As Head of Safety, you will also maintain oversight and senior leadership of VAA's Fatigue Risk management function, developing robust and effective FRMS systems, principles and understanding across the business.
We're seeking an experienced aviation/airline safety professional, with excellent regulatory knowledge/experience and strong interpersonal and leadership skills. If this sounds like you and you have the below skills/experience, we think you would love this role! We are looking for somebody who has:
- Significant experience of aviation/airline safety risk management and identification, risk assessment, incident investigation and management, within an international landscape.
- Knowledge of all relevant UK aviation regulations.
- Have proven ability to analyse and interpret safety data from a wide variety of sources (internal and external) and make sound risk-based judgments and recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective peer to peer relationship and influencing skills. To enable individual to operate at a senior level within VAA and with critical external stakeholders. (Suppliers, agencies, and authorities)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and influencing skills at all levels both internally and externally to VAA. Including ability to compile and deliver recommendations, presentations, and reports to Senior Management/Board Level.
- Must have strong leadership qualities and be able to demonstrate a track record of managing performance, delivering feedback, and managing all aspects of team management.
- Ability to work well on their own initiative and demonstrate strong cross functional working relationships.
- Has successfully promoted change and implemented change using change management techniques as appropriate.
- Acumen for development and adoption of new and existing procedures and technology solutions to achieve immediate business need and deliver long term projects and benefits.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic, we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference and everything that makes our colleagues unique by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (email@example.com) feeling confident that we've got your individual considerations covered.