Hours: Full Time
Location: Hybrid remote working with 2 days per week in our VHQ Crawley, West Sussex - speak to us about what flexibility looks like for you.
Contract: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 19th May 2022
Many of our people at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
It’s in our DNA to disrupt the market and lead the way with fresh ideas. Bringing new approaches to the industry, and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on issues of sustainability, people or our communities. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
We’re on an exciting digital transformation journey within our technology space to become a leader in technology and digital, which underpins our whole business strategy.
Many of the architectures that run the airline and holiday businesses are legacy, where immediate modernisation is challenging. We need to challenge and deliver technology that drives value, security and innovation – We are looking for a Head of Architecture and Strategy to lead us through this transformation.
Day to day
In this critical role as our Head of Architecture and Strategy you will bring a growth mindset to ensure our amazing Virgin Atlantic family think differently about technology.
Some of your key responsibilities as our Head of Architecture and Strategy will be:
• To document and define the Enterprise and business strategy but also be able to guide the creation of solid solution, system and technical architectures.
• Play a key role in scanning the future to ensure that approaches to data, services & platforms support our ambition to be most loved and a business for good.
• Sustainable technology is just as applicable to our modern paradigm of screen wellness, wellbeing and transparency of data and collaboration through toolsets.
• Be accountable for the technology vision and associated enterprise technology strategy and roadmap for VAL.
• Work closely with all areas of the business, influencing at the Senior Leadership Group level and educating at board as required.
• Work across the breadth of all VAA functions as we think about the strategy aligned to our pillars of Red on the inside, outside and of course with our existing partners and those of the future.
• Ensure we maximise the opportunities and value return on the technology to support our transformation plan.
• Adaption, adoption and absorbing feedback, new ideas and raising the performance of the current architecture team to be much more consultative to our business.
• This role will be accountable and responsible for the Enterprise and business architecture while also being accountable for leading the team of solution and technical architects directly.
Are you excited to embrace a growth mindset?
Do you have a passion for people and partnerships?
In addition to the above, we’re looking for our successful Head of Architecture and Strategy to demonstrate the following:
• Scanning and understanding the evolution of the technologies of the future, hybrid cloud appreciation and experience is essential
• Challenge, drive and influence the LT and board to continue to think longer term, but ensuring relevance towards short to medium term goals
• Help drive a collaborative culture that is based in learning. Educating and opening the mindset to embrace technology and de mystify the complexities. Strong communication and planning skills required
• Technical ability should be high – however translating this through leadership behaviours is key. Expectation that candidate can or has coded in the last decade.
• Ability to use Enterprise Architecture techniques to model the business and its links with the technology enterprise roadmap
• Experience in establishing an Enterprise Architecture capability and experience in documentation using a C4 model
• Demonstratable previous experience in Technical and Solution Architecture essential.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values