Salary: Competitive, plus excellent benefits
Contract: 12 month fixed term
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri 09:00 - 17:30
Location: The Base, Crawley, West Sussex
Closing date: 19th November 2019
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us as a Flight Planning Supervisor. In the role you'll be responsible for oversight of Flight Planning training, ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations, including the self-audit programme. Support the team, accountable for their ongoing technical mentorship and development delivered jointly with 2 x Flight Planning Quality, training and compliance positions. Ensure the optimum configuration and performance of the Virgin Atlantic Airways Flight Planning system (Sabre FPM). Drive and deliver business change through long term improvements of flight planning. Maintain the department technical procedures, policies and guidance (Local office instruction (LOI) & Flight Plan Manager guidance manual (FPMG).
You will be a flight planning subject matter expert in both internal and external technical forums. While leading planning projects, acting as a lead focal in other Flight Operations projects.
Day to day
- Provide oversight for 2 x Flight Planning Quality roles and their delivery of self-audit program and coaching of flight planning team.
- Continued development and maintenance of Flight Planning training material(s).
- Facilitation of the recurrent Flight Planning training programme.
- Training of new hires joining the team.
- In conjunction with the Navigation Services team, ensuring the Sabre FPM is configured to generate the most optimum flight planning results. In turn ensuring the Flight Planners remain instructed on how best to utlilise the system.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of system capability and continued assessment of future functionality vs company benefits.
- Ensuring all VA configurations within the planning system are current and working accurately.
- Collaborate with the Navigation Services team to manage system upgrades and testing requirements as well as Flight Planning technical documentation (LOI & FPMG). Maximising system automation where possible.
- Crafting short term Flight Planning instructions (Flight Planning notices) and subsequent inclusion into the appropriate manuals.
You will have relevant subject matter office experience, with particular focus on Flight Planning system management and procedure development. Demonstrable supervisory experience, preferably managing large or remote workforces. Having excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, you will have previously delivered change across cross-functional teams. Regarded as an SME in Flight Planning, preferably with direct knowledge of Sabre FPM, your strong analytical approach and attention to detail will help us deliver optimal solutions to maximise efficiency. If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self-select what’s important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible, remote working is available.
BE YOURSELF - OUR DIFFERENCES MAKE US STRONGER
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively support applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.