You will operate as First Officer, reporting to and working with the Aircraft Commander to deliver excellence in the safe, efficient and customer focused conduct of a flight.
In a nutshell
Day to day
- You will support the Commander in the operation and management of the flight, ensuring the highest standards of safety, whilst delighting our customers and leading the overall crew morale.
- You'll possess excellent human factors and flight management skills, exchanging such advice, information and explanation with the Commander, crew and ground teams as is necessary to successfully operate the flight to the industry leading standards which define Virgin Atlantic Airways.
- You will maintain your licence in accordance with the professional and medical standards required by the CAA and the Company.
- You'll set high standards for your own development, supported by Virgin Atlantic’s industry leading training and development processes, and should possess the necessary attributes to be a Commander of a Virgin Atlantic aircraft in the future.
- Your actions will both continue and improve the Virgin Atlantic brand reputation.
If you have a current Boeing type-rating on the B777/787, with a minimum experience of 1,500 hours total flying time and 500 hours on type (not including time spent solely as a cruise pilot), and you have flown a Boeing aircraft within the last 6 months we'd like to hear from you.
We require you to hold a current UK Class one Medical and a full EASA ATPL licence (UK issue) at date of joining.
You should be able to demonstrate a high level of fluency in English (certified as ICAO level 6 English Proficiency at the time of submitting your application). You will also have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK.