Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
As a Finance Analyst, you will gain experience across a wide variety of areas within Financial Planning by supporting financial appraisals and providing insightful analysis, focusing on the utilisation of data and analytics.
Continually look to improve the understanding of business performance and be a trusted advisor and facilitator of productive business & financial conversations. You will be responsible for performance analysis and controls to support the business strategy, supporting in the development of the forecast and budget process. You will also use data analysis tools to produce a consolidated picture for decisions to be made for our leaders across the business.
Day to day
You'll cover the following activities:
• Assembles and produce regular reporting and analysis, developing insights from past performance
• Offer detailed insight into the forecast showing risks and opportunities
• Recommends improved reporting, either progressing existing reports or developing new items
• Ensures that teams understand their P&L responsibilities and offers support tools to assist
• Utilises data visualisation tools to ensure dynamic and appropriate reporting of financial data
• Provides updated forecasts and supports the Long-Term Plan for strategic decision making
• Offers finance support to the Business and establishes effective internal controls
• Works with wider Finance team to improve processes and finance efficiency and bring about a well-controlled environment
• Interpret results and communicate effectively to ensure controls are improved and embedded in the business
Are you an effective communicator, who is a part qualified accountant or keen to undertake your chartered accountancy exams?
In addition to the above, we are looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
• Expertise in using Microsoft Excel and other software tools to develop and produce high quality financial models. Such models will be capable of gathering financial and non-financial data to identify problems or answer questions, and deliver robust, structured solutions that integrate with existing models and/or generate practical financial recommendations
• Comfortable analysing data, using a multitude of formulas and other key functionality to review, interpret and summarise key messages. Once analysis performed, confident to present in a format that highlights key findings, actions, and recommendations
• Capable of using Microsoft PowerPoint and other reporting tools to produce slides, reports and decks that can share important financial messages
• Experience of partnering with financial and business stakeholders, possessing the inter-personal skills to build a network of contacts that will be both the input and recipient of key financial outputs from the Financial Planning team
• Proven ability to work at a fast pace, capable of working simultaneously on more than one task.
• Desirable but not essential is system-based experience with TM1, and data visualisation tools such as Power BI and Tableau
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values