Hours: 37.5 per week, Mon - Fri
Location: Crawley, West Sussex - three days per week
Contract: 14 month Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 29 September 2023
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic Airways, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we're harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
We're seeking someone to come and join our Financial Reporting team, as an Analyst. This role will establish, operate, and control the financial accounting processes for recharges and FX revaluations.
Reporting into the Senior Manager - Group Financial Reporting, you'll be accountable for delivering accurate, reliable, and timely books of account for the Group, supporting the work of the Accountant with routine intercompany processes, assisting with preparation of financial statements and month end reporting. Ensuring that reconciliations are kept up to date, communication channels with the rest of the department are maintained, changes to systems/accounting judgments are well controlled and accounting is performed accurately with minimal adjustments.
Day to day
In this role you'll be responsible for:
- Posting and challenge of treasury journals; Load FX rates and run FX revaluation routines; FX analysis for both realised and unrealised gains/losses.
- Ensure that the interface between underlying systems operate efficiently, and the accounting flows are understood and documented posting of group interest charges.
- Intercompany recharges, in addition work with the team to automate the intercompany reconciliation process over the medium term.
- Highlight any system or procedural issue that may impede the reconciliation process.
- Continuously improve financial accounting integrity and efficiency through the review of existing policies, procedures and controls as required.
- Participating in major projects or taking ownership of smaller projects.
- Assist with the annual audit process, ensuring year end close is completed with minimal adjustments, as well as supporting with preparation of the group financial statements.
Do you have a good appreciation of accounting standards and double entry book-keeping?
In addition to the above, we're looking for:
- ACA or ACCA Trainee
- Ability to optimise processes, identifying weak processes and controls for improvement.
- Proven capability to prioritise work, often delivering to varying timelines.
- Attention to detail and pursuit of accuracy.
- Positive and pragmatic approach to achieving results.
- Strong appreciation of management accounting and financial systems - preferably Oracle financials.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic, we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference and everything that makes our colleagues unique by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, ([email protected]) feeling confident that we've got your individual considerations covered.