Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (with requirements for flexibility subject to operational requirements. Some weekend working or overseas working may be required)
Closing date for applications: Sunday 9th October 2022
In a nutshell
To be responsible to the Manager – Engineering Training for delivering theoretical and practical training courses to our maintenance engineers and support staff. This would include Aircraft Type training, at all levels, supporting and delivering Safety Equipment training and any ancillary courses required to support staff approvals.
Working within the Training Departments Part 147 approval, you will be part of a great team who maintain the high standard of technical courseware and instructional delivery using manufacturers training material and internally designed courses.
You will receive personal development to enhance the skills you currently have for the role and work alongside our operational staff in the business including the maintenance facility within our London Heathrow Hangar.
Day to day
Delivering Technical Training
- Deliver all approved and non-approved courses as scheduled in the Department’s annual training plans.
- Prepare students to achieve appropriate examination standards, company approvals and licencing requirements.
- Manage and motivate students to encourage a highly proficient and dedicated workforce for Virgin Atlantic.
- Co-ordinate with other internal and external providers to ensure effective delivery of assigned training programmes.
Preparing course material
- Ensure that all course material is up to date, accurate and meets the needs of students.
- Design and develop new courses, and ad-hoc training courses based on training needs analysis and using the most appropriate and cost-effective training technology.
- Gather and monitor course feedback for the continuous improvement of courses and individual performance.
- Work with manufacturers and IT to ensure course software updates are timely installed prior to course delivery.
Quality, Continuous Improvement and Projects
- Work within scope of the departments Part 147 approval and approved procedures.
- Manage all necessary documentation and publications for the compliance and effective running of Technical Training.
- Maintain accurate student training records, available for Quality Assurance and CAA auditing.
- Production of reports and plans as directed.
- Act as focal for key department or VAA-wide projects as assigned; e.g. Entry Into Service projects for new aircraft types.
Are you a qualified Aircraft Technician or Certifying Engineer with experience in training and instructing? If so, we think you’d love this job! Please see below essential skills and qualifications:
- Must be able to demonstrate a proven track record as an aircraft Technician/Certifying Engineer.
- Experience as a Technical Instructor on civilian aircraft is preferable. MFTD training experience would be an advantage.
- You'll be a highly positive, flexible, self-motivated individual, dedicated towards delivering effective and efficient training within a team.
- Excellent training delivery and facilitation skills would be an advantage as would strong planning, organisational and IT skills.
- You'll need to have great time management and be able to prioritise and balance multiple tasks.
- You'll be expected to be confidential and work within data protection laws and guidelines.
- Broad business understanding will be an advantage.
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: