Hours: Full Time (9am – 5.30pm)
Closing Date: Sunday 30th January 2022
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
This exciting role is the perfect opportunity for a person with aircraft engineering knowledge and strong IT / software literate skills. You will be responsible for specification and implementation of fleet maintenance and modification policies, investigation of avionic defects and formulation of corrective actions to maintain maximum safety, system integrity and reliability at optimum cost for VAA’s e-Enabled Fleet, including Boeing 787, Airbus A350 and A330-900 Aircraft. The role is expected to maintain and manage the e-Enabling Ground Systems as well as support the VAA Hangar scheduled maintenance activities, line operation, AOG aircraft and heavy maintenance with control and definition of aircraft modifications to meet future operational and mandatory requirements.
In a nutshell
- Management and control of the e-Enabling & e-Operations systems for 787-9, A350-1000 & A330-900 types of Aircraft.
Day to day
- Ensure correct aircraft software configuration by tracking each aircraft system authorized software.
- Creation of aircraft customized Loadable Software Airplane Part (LSAP), including Aircraft Modifiable information (AMI), User Modifiable Software (UMS).
- Responsible for Removable Media and Data Loading devices used by VAA in
- Use of aircraft Internet Protocol (IP) Data Link to exchange data / loadable software parts, to support maintenance activities.
- Use of the Private Key Infrastructure (PKI), utilised in aircraft e-Enabled systems and connecting devices.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders for e-Enabling (Boeing) & e-Operations (Airbus) support.
- Duties include supporting the Flight Operations Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) Administration team for all VAA fleets.
- Assist with immediate technical support and rectification action in response to operational problems, incidents and AOG situations, ensuring safety and airworthiness whilst minimising operational disruption and costs.
- Review of technical documents issued by aircraft manufacturers, equipment vendors and regulatory bodies, assessing implications and implementing the appropriate action to ensure continued compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Specifying and implementing fleet maintenance and modification policies to meet future operational requirements.
- Assist with Engineering and Flight Safety departments to ensure Air Safety Reports (ASR’s) and Occurrence Reports (OR’s) are investigated and acted upon in a timely manner in accordance with the company’s Safety Management System.
- Monitoring and investigating defects and formulating corrective actions to maintain safety, system integrity and reliability at optimum cost.
- Design and develop new processes and procedures for incorporating e-Enabled aircraft into the Virgin Atlantic fleet.
- Take an active part in VAA’s projects, including introduction of new aircraft type (Airbus A330-900).
- Representing the company on a technical basis, at industry working groups, meetings and conferences.
We are looking for candidates who hold an aviation related engineering degree/HND or have completed a recognised apprenticeship in an Aircraft Engineering Organisation. Previous experience in an airline or OEM design/development engineering department will be of advantage.
You must be thorough, detailed and analytical in approach to work with an ability to provide innovative solutions to problems. Have strong demonstrable negotiation and interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communications skills. You’ll have the ability to work well on your own initiative or as part of a team, as required. You’ll need to be flexible, with the ability to adapt and respond to changing demands whilst working under pressure.
You will have strong IT & software operation skills and have an understanding of aircraft e-Enabling systems. A good appreciation of IT infrastructure with skills and experience in deployment of IT systems will be desired.
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values