Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday
Location: Hybrid remote working with up to 3 days a week in The VHQ, Crawley
Closing Date: Monday 30 January 2023
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
It’s in our DNA to disrupt the market and lead the way with fresh ideas. Bringing new approaches to the industry, and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on sustainability issues, people or our communities. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
In this new and exciting role supporting our homeworking team vision you'll drive the commercial performance of our virtual sales teams for Virgin Atlantic, managing & inspiring the team to achieve targets and deliver phenomenal customer service combined with being a key leader within the Retail Management team
Involved in strategic initiatives, as well as driving a nimble & effective sales team. Getting under the skin of what our customers want and need, and how they behave through the journey is the key to optimising our customer experience and delivering our targets, you’ll need to be passionate about sales, travel, and customer experience with an entrepreneurial spark.
Day to day
- Ownership of the Retail homeworking team strategy
- Aligning the homeworking team strategies with other sales channels that align to the omni-channel vision
- Identifying areas for growth and defining strategies to deliver growth opportunities
Leadership & People Management:
- Provide positive and inspired leadership to all team members
- Coach and develop direct reports, improving potential and motivation to perform their roles optimally
- Maintain effective working relationships with key partners across Virgin Atlantic Holidays and Virgin Atlantic
- Ensure team members are recruited, trained, developed and work in conjunction with centres of excellence
- Craft the online customer experience in searching and shopping with our homeworking teams combined with surfacing inspirational content in collaboration with the Digital & Customer Journey teams
- Maintaining and improving the customer experience
Optimisation & change management:
- Change management lead for Retail development projects
- Represent Retail at various meetings and project initiatives when required
- Assist and support the wider Retail Management team with strategic planning and initiatives
Can you build collaborative relationships? Are you a strong leader with the ability to gain consensus with key business partners? Then this could be the role for you!
Alongside the above we’re looking for the following:
- A high level of commercial awareness and eye for business
- Ability to take accountability and ownership of an area of responsibility
- Ability to breakdown complex operational challenges in a customer-focused environment
- Experience in Retail/travel industry is desirable
- Collaborative and inclusive working style
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present in a structured manner
If the above sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values