Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract / secondment
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri
Location: Crawley, West SussexClosing date: 26th August 2019
In a nutshell
Day to day
- In conjunction with the IT Lite team your manage, review, challenge and update existing processes.
- Organise workshops, training days, show & tell sessions to engage and upskill citizen developers, technology business partners and technology ops managers and showcase the tools available to us.
- Develop processes and training programmes to ensure the team and citizen developers across the company make use of best industry practices.
- Lead an effective multi-functional team to deliver their objectives whilst making the best use of other IT resources and avoiding duplication of effort across the IT function
- Design and build solutions based on approved technologies so that all essential requirements are met within the agreed timescale
- Launch solutions with appropriate training and materials so that users can maximise the value of the solution
- Produce lightweight documentation describing the solution (including such information as purpose, business owner(s), the technologies involved, functionality, logic and dependencies on other systems
- Provide status updates on delivery progress to the Head of Platform Engineering/DevOps, business stakeholders and relevant IT Business Partner for each solution
- Produce short pieces of content (eg. articles, videos or case studies) for both innovation initiatives and mainstream solutions explaining what has been delivered and the benefits for the business
- Own and maintain the day-to-day request and resource management process and allocation of work for the team
Our pioneering spirit and passion keeps our brand vibrantly alive. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits in place to help you enjoy life to the full, as well as a world of travel opportunities including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic global destinations. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes, life assurance, child care vouchers and excellent discounts across the Virgin Group of companies. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
Be you - our differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Our aim is to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our brilliant mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not send unsolicited CVs to our job openings or to Virgin Atlantic employees. Virgin Atlantic is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.