Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Hybrid remote working with up to 3 days a week in our VHQ, Crawley
Closing Date: Tuesday, 31 January 2023
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
It’s in our DNA to disrupt the market and lead the way with fresh ideas. Bringing new approaches to the industry, and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on issues of sustainability, people or our communities. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
In this role as Deal Performance Analyst you'll support the Head of Sales Dealing and Development, and work alongside revenue management to translate our 3-year Global Sales revenue plan into country and channel forecasts. This will support the Sales and Distribution revenue plan, and incorporate JV partner revenue forecasts to one single budget target.
You'll build sold and flown forecasts and tracking analytics, build management reports on performance v. budget and drive insight into forecast variance trends. In this critical role you will be the key point of contact for Sales trading for revenue management and pricing. You will also be responsible for managing and measuring the sales team to incentive plan, publishing tracking to drive performance insights and engagement.
Day to day
- Build and interpret data visualisations (PowerBI) to drive Sales Performance
- Working with revenue management to forecast the 3-year sales revenue plan and UK channel budget (sales & flown), supporting the Sales and Distribution revenue plan.
- Create presentations for Commercial Leadership Team, storytelling Sales Strategy
- Ensure timely, engagement of performance to target to global account team – driving accountability and actions
- Act as key liaison between Global Sales and Pricing, Revenue Management and Data and Insights.
- Provide initial insight and commentary on weekly and monthly Sales performance packs
Do you have proven business analytics or forecasting experience? Are you an excellent communicator? Then this could be the role for you!
Alongside the above we’re looking for the following:
- Ability to make clear, concise and compelling presentations to management and external organisations
- Proven communication and relationship management skills, with the ability to communicate technical detail to laypersons
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative data contextually to gain agreement to proposal
- Solution-oriented and the ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Proficient in data analytics and display platforms: SQL, Tableau, PowerBI
- Database management experience
Does the above sound like you? Do you want to join us on our journey to becoming the ‘most loved’ travel company? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values