Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
Day to day
- Analysis of data to identify root causes, opportunities and corrective actions or best practice across directorates. Making suggestions for improvement and comparing VAA’s and VHols performance with those of the industry
- Drive analytical culture and best practices across the business, to improve self serve insight and presentation & interpretation of analyses throughout
- Supporting OR in specific insight projects while calling on DS&E and Report Developers to productionise or augment where necessary
- Continuous improvement of key insight factors and interpretation paths for all stakeholders; to derive action from insight on Customer behaviours, attitudes and segments
- Provide support from the team to Operations stakeholders to gain insight from data, accessed in a clear and actionable way through dashboards, alerts or mobile applications – supported by D&I and technology where required
- Manage and develop a team of analysts to respond to Customer and Operations stakeholder questions to derive ad-hoc and proactive insight where possible, exploring and exploiting internal and external data sources and tooling
- Develop robust models to automate target setting and forecasting for overall performance (NPS) and team performance (VOC) – in support of our Customer teams and supported by DS&E
- Ensure VAL has sufficient insight to benchmark against competitors and understand industry trends. Evaluate and manage (new) partnerships (with third parties such as Cirium & OAG) and ensure VAL has sufficient insight to benchmark against competitors.
- Day-to-day management responsibility for team of analysts
- Understanding of airline/travel company operations, customer focus and organisational setup
- Highly proficient in statistical, optimisation and advanced analytical methods, with expertise in industry relevant topics through previous experience or graduate qualification
- Educated to degree level in key STEM subjects or demonstration of other highly numeric/analytical equivalent qualifications
- Practical experience in analytical toolsets (Examples are MS Power BI, Alteryx, SSPS, Excel, R, Matlab – preferred + tool agnostic)
- Exposure to MS Power Platforms and delivery of insight through mobile apps or web interfaces (desirable)
- Proven experience in operating in support roles for BAU and event/initiative driven environments – providing time and accuracy critical insight
- Proven experience in managing teams, suppliers, senior stakeholders and multiple projects at once
- Able to develop methodologies in going from data to insight & communicating these results to high level stakeholders
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values