Hours: Full Time
Location: Hybrid remote working with 2 days in our VHQ Crawley, West Sussex - speak to us about what flexibility looks like for you.
Closing Date: 25th May 2022
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
It’s in our DNA to disrupt the market and lead the way with fresh ideas. Bringing new approaches to the industry, and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on issues of sustainability, people or our communities. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
As our CRM Lead, you will be accountable for supporting the CRM Managers in defining the roadmap for below-the-line communications (for both B2C prospects and customers); developing campaigns to grow Customer Lifetime Value and the management of the end-to-end omni channel customer communications (planning, build, testing and deployment of direct communications.). You will also play a key role in the delivery of the CRM Transformation plan – being involved in multiple projects across the 5 year business plan.
This role will work across the full customer journey (to both B2C prospects and customers) from driving conversion, through to the Pre-Departure journey. This will be across both the Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Atlantic Holidays brands. To achieve this, you will work closely with multiple teams – for example, Marketing, Loyalty, Travel Product and Commercial, to ensure CRM campaigns are integrated effectively with the wider brand and Loyalty strategy.
Day to day
Marketing campaign management
• Own management of the campaign laydown, working with stakeholders to prioritise deployments within our schedule
• Accountable for project managing the end-to-end campaign process from brief to deployment.
• Work in partnership with colleagues in the CRM team and broader business to ensure campaigns are delivered on time, within budget, approved by the necessary stakeholders and underpinned by comprehensive testing and subsequent analytics to ensure continuous improvement is achieved.
• Work in partnership with the broader CRM team, agencies and the internal Creative team to ensure innovation is at the core of every brief; continually testing and learning to raise the bar on outputs.
• Lead cross-functional working groups for CRM Transformation projects, driving output via an agile framework in midst of competing demands
• Daily interfacing with Senior Leadership Team member, Managers and Executives across Commercial, Marketing, Data Engineering & Loyalty; influencing all parties to align into the CRM Transformation on a project-by-project basis
• Support development of CRM marketing & pre-departure strategy, including channel mix & personalisation
• Initiate new ideas and optimisations that drive key CRM engagement metrics using learnings from previous campaigns
• Define and communicate clear project expectations and milestones
High-performance team culture
• Contribute to the creation of a supportive team environment in which learning and continuous optimisation is at the core.
• Initiate learning and job-shadowing across the broader CRM and Marketing teams; ensuring performance is optimised across the function.
• Drive fame for the department internally
Are you passionate about the Virgin brand? Thrive on making a difference on something you have researched? Like to keep ahead of the market? Then keep reading…
You may come from a CRM Executive or CRM Lead role and have the following skills:
- You will be degree-educated and/or have equivalent relevant experience.
- You will be digitally savvy with a passion for learning, whilst being curious and confident initiating new ideas and ways of working.
- You will have strong hands-on experience of CRM.
- You will have experience in a CRM role and may come from a CRM Executive or CRM Coordinator role.
- You will have excellent organisation skills, alongside being able to reprioritise in an environment where things may change often.
- A natural born communicator, you will feel confident influencing cross-functional teams, as well as demonstrating your passion for travel.
- Prior knowledge of Adobe
- Prior knowledge of Movable Ink
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Experience in the travel sector
If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.