Contract: Fixed Term Contract - Maternity Cover
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 1 x 7am - 7pm 4 on x 4 off shift and 1 x Mon - Fri 8am - 4.30pm
Location: LHR Hangar
Closing date: Sunday 30th January 2022
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
As an Airworthiness Records Co-ordinator you will ensure that the technical Aircraft/Assembly maintenance documentation are generated, inputted, actioned, updated, closed and archived ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements in respect of UKCAA regulations including but not limited to Part M Sub Part A, B and G, Part CAMO and CAP747. This ensures that there is timely and compliant information available on the VAA Fleets for the Engineering Organisation.
Additionally, you will provide support for Aicraft Asset Management to Lessor activities to enable on time re-deliveries and the avoidance of financial penalties.
Day to day
- Process maintenance related tasks as appropriate to environment e.g., C/D checks, technical and cabin log data entry and audit, tally sheets, component changes, maintenance requirement resets, DD’s, work orders.
- Carry out manual and Engineering Computer System corrections efficiently to ensure information is accurate, in compliance and available I.A.W. EASA Regulations & Department SLA’s.
- Ensure documentation is collated, distributed and reported to regulatory and operational requirements. Whilst also ensuring that Technical Records are stored, archived and retrievable to SLA’s and regulatory requirements.
- Resolve any technical related queries in a timely manner so to ensure that all departments are working with up-to-date information on the status of the aircraft.
- Communicate with key personnel in relation to key operational requirements and/or Airworthiness records issues within VAA and External Contracts.
- Carry out audits and arrange amendments of own and others paperwork e.g., Outstation log entry, to maintain the accuracy of all Airworthiness Records.
- Provide incident support as required, providing documentation management and retrieval.
- Work in line with all EDP’s and LOI’s for area and highlight any areas that require update or amendment.
- Produce Maintenance Check Documentation for Hangar and Outsourced Base Maintenance inputs.
- Prepare the LHR Hangar Check control room for Maintenance Inputs. While also closing work packs during LHR Hangar Maintenance Inputs to achieve live data entry.
- Complete component changes for all Aircraft fleets so that the Aircraft configuration accuracy is maintained on the compliance system.
Do you have excellent attention to detail with accurate data entry skills and enjoy problem solving? Have you got superb communication skills both verbally and in writing? A City & Guilds qualification in Aviation Studies (or equivalent) would be advantageous. If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
To succeed in this position, you will have experience in an airline records department of an airline engineering company or appropriate maintenance environment. You'll also need to be familiar with maintaining databases and spread sheets and knowledge of aviation terminology would be a benefit.